Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snap count

tr1

I'd like to see some variety this week. It look like Seattle was anticipating the snap a lot of times. I know it will be difficult in a noisy stadium this weekend, but it might help us out getting five yards here and there.

Man, Dallas was all over the snap count...it was ridiculous. I didn't notice it as much against Seattle, but I think that was because Dallas was so much worse it made Seattle look good. I don't know why the offensive guys do that...I think its on Brunell; he's the one that calls it in the huddle, I think.

Anyway, hopefully they take advantage of it. I mean, maybe its all a set-up for when they get down to 3rd and short or something, and they've been running on one all day and suddenly go to two, maybe they'll get a jump?? :whoknows:

It has been posted before that Gibbs keeps the snap count the same for all road games.

So it wasn't even an issue against Seattle. It has been a problem since the Cleveland game last year, and obviously not in the coach's plan to alter.

Hopefully since Dallas exploited it to the extent they did, somebody put a bug in Gibbs' ear during the bye to mix it up. I hope so as it is such an easy fix. It drives me insane and I can only imagine how it affects our O Line and QB

That gives an incredible advantage to the defensive line. Perhaps as the offense gels a bit more this is the type of thing we can look at changing.

It gives an advantage to the whole opposing defense, and to an extent the opponent period.

This is a huge disadvantage to the mindset of the OLine before every snap, too

I'm sorry but your offense shouldn't have to 'gel' before you can alter the freakin snap count- this ain't junior varsity.

Archived