Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its about time!

rick301

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20050503-091311-4395r.htm

Loews to advertise feature start times

New York, NY, May. 3 (UPI) -- Loews Cineplex theaters will publicize the start times of feature presentations in its movie listings, the company announced in New York Tuesday.

Typically, movie listings indicate the time that coming attractions are scheduled to roll in theaters -- not the actual start times for feature presentations. Beginning May 13 at its Connecticut locations, Loews Cineplex will indicate in its movie listings that the feature will start 10 to 15 minutes after the published showtime.

The company said it expects to soon begin including the added information in all markets nationwide -- and anticipates moviegoers will still begin to arrive early enough to stop at the concession stands and find seats.

Travis Reid, president and CEO of Loews Cineplex, said the company believes most of its customers understand it has been "a long-standing tradition to show coming attractions and advertising" before the feature begins.

"Recently, however, some of our customers have suggested that we also publicize the start time of the movie," he said.

Oh, good. Now I can count on late-arriving, oblivious knuckleheads to be pushing past me, blocking my view, stepping and spilling coke on my shoes, sorting out their seating arrangements, futzing with their coats and settling in during the first few minutes of the movie, too.

Progress. Gotta love it.

Archived