Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Freak's Peek, pre-draft version

Well, here’s what I think:

Brilliant, brilliant move, simply from the perspective that so, so many scenarios can play out for us here, and no one has any real idea what we are doing. How many scenarios? Well, simply look at the first page of the Fed Ex Forum here, and it is plain to see. The idea that we are looking for another QB is a complete farce, and a good one, at that!

A strong option for us is to take Nate Clements in exchange for our recently acquired pick; the Bills do not current have a first round selection. GW and Clements have quite a chemistry w/ one another, so IMO, he is already a target.

The first round looks relatively deep for our areas of concern: WR, CB, and DE (maybe TE). There are a number of options in the late first round to help us improve in these areas. How the top ten plays out will dictate what we do w/ our late round. We also have put ourselves in a position to scare out some attention from teams like the Jets and The Eagles, who now have the misfortune of picking after us.

Basically, I like our hand this Saturday. We have a former first-round WR to barter w/, some FA corners to think about, and two strong picks to maneuver as we please. I really like the move.

~Freak

Archived