Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The biggest problem with drafting Jason Campbell...

...----and there are many from my perspective---...is that I can't see that he is better than Charlie Frye or Stefan LeFors. I think both of those guys are going to be better pros.

I am not fundamentally opposed to drafting a QB, but trading into the first round to do so for a guy that nobody projects as a first rounder, and for a guy who I view as at best the #5 QB in the draft is a recipe for disaster.

Campbell is bigger, more mobile and has a better arm than Lefors or Frye. Why isn't he a better prospect? As for picking him in the first, it concerns me, too, but I don't think he falls past the middle of the second anyway, so it's not a huge reach. I'm not saying I'm for it, but I don't think it's crazy either.

What about McPherson? If it was not for his past history, he might have been the first player taken. It seems that he's learned and moved on from that mistake. I think he would be a more viable option as opposed to Campbell. The best option is not to take any of them and focus on an actual area of need.

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

The biggest problem to me is that we have3 things that we need more then a QB.....a WR, CB & DE.

Amen. This was my issue last year when we signed Brunell and many here disagreed with me. Time seems to have shown that the Brunell signing was bad and that money would have been better spent somewhere else (or not at all). I would love to see the FO leverage our #9 into multiple first day picks to get the guys we need but the idea of picking another QB in the first round just 4 years after picking Ramsey there really bothers me when you consider the holes we have other places right now.

Especially since Ramsey did everything Gibbs asked him to do last year. If he is not cutting after this season, so be it. However, I would hate to see us draft Campbell at #25 (high for him, I think) and then Ramsey have a Drew Brees like year for us...

Archived