Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Help Thread :)

My web provider is bugging me and may take down the videos on my site because of people direct linking the videos instead of just puting my domain name.

My question is, how do you make it so I can stop these bandwith thiefs besides just changing the name of my files every once and a while?

Is there some way I can hide my link on the status bar, I already made it so you can't right click on the videos page.

I would be willing to bet that no one is stealing your bandwidth. Videos pull bandwidth hardcore, and as active as you have been linking them, you most likely used up what you had in a couple of days. I can smoke up 3 gigs in a day with a 2 minute flash movie with sound. Your videos are even more intense, and pull loads more. If you plan to keep hosting movies, I suggest you go with something that is going to allow a couple of hundred gigs per month minimum....

Sorry for the reality check.

Definitely. Your provider claims to allow unlimited bandwidth, but when you're using up as much as you are, with huge 50 MB videos, they're gonna do everything they can to stop you. They don't care about copyrights, and you can't be blamed for other people linking to your videos, they're just excuses, or loopholes in the agreement, to stop you from using so much. Like Chewy said, you want to keep your videos going, you're gonna have to pay for it.

Originally posted by skin_finatic

Still, I just want to know how can I make it so no one can se my link on the status bar?

If your going to post these links on other sites, like this one, you can't. The only way that I know of, is to put them on your own site, and add in a mod that forbids hot linking.

Archived