Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the best position to draft to help us this year?

MikeB

There has been lots of discussion on whom to draft this year. I won't go into the names, but we've discussed players at wideout, cornerback, and defensive end.

I'm curious as to what position (and whom, if you want to get into it) we should draft in the first round to get the most impact this year?

Personally I feel we should go with either Williams (if available), who we could plug in right away for a big receiving threat, or Merriman who could be rotated in William's scheme nicely for impact off the corner now, only to get more and more time as the season goes on.

CB is a position that takes time to grow into. The Eagles have been successful grooming later round picks into starters, and I think we should do the same. Additionally I think with the new interferance rules, the CB position has undergone a rather larger parity shift. As far as lineman are concerned, quality lines are foundation of any good team. Having solid players there, although not as flashy a pickup, makes average skill teams that much better.

Archived