Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clarett not invited to OSU Pro day.

cfujskins

Uh oh, that boy is screwed.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8252623

Clarett not invited to Ohio State Pro Day

NFL.com wire reports

COLUMBUS, Ohio (March 4, 2005) -- Maurice Clarett won't be allowed to work out for NFL scouts with his former Ohio State teammates during workouts at his old school next week.

University spokesman Steve Snapp denied the running back's assertion that he would be there at "Pro Day" for scouts on March 9.

Snapp said Clarett wasn't invited but didn't say why.

Clarett has alienated his former school with his allegations that Ohio State administrators and coaches broke NCAA rules by arranging perks for players.

After last weekend's NFL combine in Indianapolis Clarett said he would participate in the Pro Day at Ohio State. His times of 4.72 and 4.82 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the combine are considered extremely slow for a running back.

Steve Feldman, Clarett's agent, said that Clarett wouldn't fight the school's decision to exclude him from the drills next week.

"Out of respect for Ohio State, we're not going to argue the point," Feldman said.

Instead, Feldman wants to arrange a workout for Clarett in Youngstown around April 1 when pro scouts are in the area to watch quarterback Charlie Frye work out at the University of Akron.

"We're just trying to make it as convenient as possible for as many of the decision-makers as we can to see him," Feldman said. "He had a poor performance at the combine. He's got to make it up."

Clarett has charged that Ohio State coach Jim Tressel set him up with a loaner car and oversaw a football program in which players were provided improper academic help, were paid by boosters and were given high-paying, no-show summer jobs.

Clarett set Ohio State freshman rushing and scoring records in 2002, leading the Buckeyes to their first national championship in 34 years. He was suspended before the next season for lying to NCAA and university investigators and never played another college game.

He then sued the NFL for early admission to the league's draft but, after an early victory in federal court, lost on appeal and in several subsequent appeals.

During an interview before the start of the combine last week, he said, "I love Ohio State. I've been a Buckeye, I'm going to continue to be a Buckeye and continue to support 'em."

Hey, as much asi DESPISE Ohio State being a Michigan fan, they do have a point here, since he isn't a student after all

But, then again, I wonder how much of this stems from the alegations about the program there he made recently

He's not even attending the school anymore, and then he throws the University under the bus with his allegations.

He's got certain body-parts the size of an elephant if he thought he was going to be invited to be a part of their Pro-Day.

Originally posted by Bazooka Tooth

The Clarett saga is becoming pathetic, but why should anyone feel bad for him. I agree that he should not be invited to the pro day.

His agent is trying to gain support through the media.

I have a feeling, this time, it isn't going to work.

He left the combine..........ran a 4.8 and a 4.72 and now isn't AND SHOULDN'T participating at OSU workout.

If he is drafted AT ALL, it will be in the late rounds.

I see him as a bust.

Blondie

He apparently is going to do a private work out in Youngstown on April 1st. Nobody knows where though, whether it will be a HS or Youngstown State. No word on how many scouts will bother to show up either.

This is past pathetic, Clarrett was a sure fire 1st round pick if he had continued at Ohio State. Assuming his followup seasons were just as impressive.

Some team is going to take a shot on him in the 5th round...I am sure of it...his film from his only season at OSU is impressive.

I was watching the NFL Network when they were analyzing the combine. They said quote a few NFL scouts were really disappointed in him after he flubbed his 40 time. They said after he had that horrible run...he didn't show any emotion. They wanted to see him respond with a better effort in other areas and he looked like he didn't care.

Archived