Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Corner Back?

Doozinbrah

I know this has been probably covered before but do you think G.W. is going to stick with who we have in the secondary? Maybe draft a CB later in the draft to develop? I dont think we will be in the bad shape if we go with what we have if Smoot doesn't sign. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I certainly don't think we need a "star" second cornerback. For all intensive purposes, let's say the second corner we're talking about is Samari Rolle. Do we really need a Samari Rolle calibur player to cover Todd Pinkston, Quincy Morgan, and Ike Hilliard six times a year. Hell, taking it further, the only teams that we play that have a good #2 receiver are Oakland (Porter), St. Louis (Bruce), and Denver (and Ashley Lelie is a stretch).

It might be nice to have an upgrade over what Walt Harris would bring as a #2 corner, but we could better than make-do without it.

Originally posted by TODD

I certainly don't think we need a "star" second cornerback.

Good point. I hadn't thought of this. As long as he is servicable, I think that we can work around it. I'm curious too, to see how Fred Smoot will fare as a #1 cornerback should he leave...

Archived