Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Possible scenario and reason for Moss trade...

Commander Adama

I think it is possible they traded Moss to get the #7 and had already proposed to the Skins they would trade their #18 for Coles, so they could draft a Blue Chip Defnsive Player like Antrel Rolle and still have a #1 Receiver who likes to go downfield. We in turn can draft Mike Williams and Heath Miller with our 2 first round picks, then pick up Mason, a DE, and Samari Rolle in FA. Or maybe I am just hoping anyway.

Originally posted by Displaced Redskin Fan

I think it is possible they traded Moss to get the #7 and had already proposed to the Skins they would trade their #18 for Coles, so they could draft a Blue Chip Defnsive Player like Antrel Rolle and still have a #1 Receiver who likes to go downfield. We in turn can draft Mike Williams and Heath Miller with our 2 first round picks, then pick up Mason, a DE, and Samari Rolle in FA. Or maybe I am just hoping anyway.

You think like me, I like the sound of that. Have you checked the cap ramifications of this? The only thing I would like to see is keep Smoot and try to take a D end project in the late rounds.

Originally posted by Displaced Redskin Fan

Good idea, but extremely unlikely. We would not be able to afford all of this under the cap, especially if Coles does not agree to forfeit part of the bonus. In that case we would be lucky to be able to sign both draft pics even.

Originally posted by feeshta

Good idea, but extremely unlikely. We would not be able to afford all of this under the cap, especially if Coles does not agree to forfeit part of the bonus. In that case we would be lucky to be able to sign both draft pics even.

Well that's the big thing here. My opinion, if Coles wants out of Washington, he has to give back the bonus, otherwise we keep him for the next year or two.

If Coles leaves, it will be for a trade.

Even if he does give back $5 million, we still take a cap hit. We won't just let him take off and leave us with a cap hit and nothing else in return. That deal sucks for us. I'd rather just keep him and not have the cap hit, even if he refuses to play.

It's trade or nothing for Coles, so his agent should get on the phone with the team he wants to go to and work something out.

Archived