Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

a DTC reminder:

The President

As President of the DTC I am thrilled to hear that everyone had a great time this year and they are looking forward to next season, but the off-season is very important as well. During the off-season I hope all current members will continue to think of ways to approve our tailgate. We have the best tailgate known to man, but we can always get better.

And to our non-members I hope you are working on ways to get tickets and come to as many games as possible. In addition I hope come week one we have a bunch of new pledges willing drink beers through a road cone. The mayor and I commandeered a Fed Ex road cone after this week’s game and plan on turning it in to a DTC cone in the off-season. I believe it will be an honor to be the first to drink from the DTC cone next year so get your tickets and show us some cause to be invite to join this elite group we call the DTC.

DTC 4 LIFE

:cheers:

As “Da Coach” of the DTC I am happy to see that the off season has already started for the Prez. Does this mean that the founding fathers of the DTC (Prez, Mayor, CEO) are gonna pick up my option? Thanks, that’s Great News!! Well, I do have many ideas for the off season that should make the tailgate a little smoother. First of all we should hold meetings from time to time to come together and vote on ideas and suggestions. Also, my first suggestion for our first meeting; We determine an arrival time for each game in advance. Example: All 1:00pm games we arrive at ??, All 4:05 games we arrive at ?? etc……. and the only other suggestion that I have before the first meeting is we do some kind of fundraisers in the spring and summer so nobody has to come out of their pockets for food/drinks next season. Well, I guess I have said enough on the post the rest will be brought to light in the first meeting. Once again great season DTC!!! :cheers:

Fabulous ideas “CT”. This is the type of response I was hoping for.

I am up to meet with any and all of the members of the DTC at anytime. Your idea in regards to arrival time sounds great. As far as a fundraiser that maybe a good idea, but as we continue to get more members we will be able to delegate responsibilities more. In addition such purchase as the grill and tent are one time buys. I think the DTC needs to continue to use it’s resources like we have for parking passes and banners (thank u skinsluvr and Fast Signs) in order to get our necessary equipment as cheaply as possible.

P.S. Drinking is a must at all DTC events!!!!

Also in refrence to fundraisers I can help out! That is one of my main titles for BROOD. Also we might want to think about doing some community events etc. Get people rilled up work with the redskins on their charities etc. Just a thought. Also merchandise. To sell on the DTC website etc.

Great thread Mr. President. All these ideas about fundraising and community appearances may be about a year or two in the future. We have plans for growth and development, but that stuff is for DTC meetings, so lets not get into too much detail here. The website will be our first big key to becoming bigger and badder. I have already written the DTC official history, and we will have member info coming. I'm getting a grill for my b-day here shortly, which is about a few months late, but at least I'll have one next year.

Here's something crazy I was thinking about: I was thinking about changing my official parking spot, to the spots where Dustin was last week. I think we need to start fanning out in the parking lot, as opposed to just creating a huge line by the dead trees. Just a thought, but I offer my vehicle and position up to start that trend.

The offseason isn't a true offseason for us. The offseason is where legends are born.

I have been eagerly awaiting comments from the CEO and the mayor. It seems the Mayor has been on vacation. He deserves it, it was a long season.

I agree with you Cowboykilla fundraiser and other community events are down the road a bit. I was hoping to start getting ideas about other ways to improve the tailgate. The coach’s idea about setting a time is a good idea, but I think the mayor will have some complaints. As far as taking over more of the parking lot, I couldn’t agree more. I hope that one day all of F51 will be DTC/Extreme Skins members. That way we can track you down on one of the websites if you are in F51.

Originally posted by cowboykilla

Great thread Mr. President. All these ideas about fundraising and community appearances may be about a year or two in the future. We have plans for growth and development, but that stuff is for DTC meetings, so lets not get into too much detail here. The website will be our first big key to becoming bigger and badder. I have already written the DTC official history, and we will have member info coming. I'm getting a grill for my b-day here shortly, which is about a few months late, but at least I'll have one next year.

Here's something crazy I was thinking about: I was thinking about changing my official parking spot, to the spots where Dustin was last week. I think we need to start fanning out in the parking lot, as opposed to just creating a huge line by the dead trees. Just a thought, but I offer my vehicle and position up to start that trend.

The offseason isn't a true offseason for us. The offseason is where legends are born.

Come on CK...I know I'm not an official member..but, taking my parking spot....so mean and vicious:D

I really like that spot...that's why I've parked there the last couple of times...you can see everything thats going on. As far as expanding deeper into the parking lot......it will take care of itself.

People have been talking about wanting to paint the van.....with all of the members permission (and of course if I ever become a member) it would be tight to have a DTC vehicle........just food for thought...

Actually your membership has been discussed by the CEO, the Mayor and myself. I feel see no problem with a DTC van. In fact I encourage it!! You can also keep you spot and CK can pick another if he so desires. I see Dustin being the first member to drink for the new cone that will be unvalued at next years first game. I know it is a long time, but the wait will make it all that much better!

I don't think that the comment that the CEO made regarding your spot was meant to take your spot. i think that he would want you to stay in your spot and surround you with more DTC. As for painting your van I am down 100% and will help out as best I can. As for becoming an Official member of the DTC you got to holla at the three amigos for that (CEO, Prez, and Mayor) that’s all their decision.

Originally posted by gibby56

Actually your membership has been discussed by the CEO, the Mayor and myself. I feel see no problem with a DTC van. In fact I encourage it!! You can also keep you spot and CK can pick another if he so desires. I see Dustin being the first member to drink for the new cone that will be unvalued at next years first game. I know it is a long time, but the wait will make it all that much better!

I think I did only 7 games with you guys this year...don't I need 8?? It would be an honor.....but, thats something I'm sure you guys would need to discuss.

I also like Dustin's van where it was. I think it's a perfect place for the bar/music.

CK, I understand what you're saying about being too spread out, but I think it's more related to the fact we've grown so much. My only suggestion is to expand more towards where Hogfest was, instead of more towards the entrance.

I mentioned this on Sunday to The Mayor I believe, but I consider the entire F51 area, including Mike, J, 4C and everyone that tailgates there on a regular basis, part of our tailgate. They might not be official "DTC" but I still consider the whole area one big tailgate.

I think we're fine.

I would also agree with CT about ONE arrival time for each of the different scheduled games. I don't care what the time is or who picks the time (I'm sure The Mayor will assume this role), but it's good to have some consistency that we all can agree upon. Maybe then, I might not have to beat you all to the stadium each game. :D

Originally posted by CoachTaylor

I don't think that the comment that the CEO made regarding your spot was meant to take your spot. i think that he would want you to stay in your spot and surround you with more DTC. As for painting your van I am down 100% and will help out as best I can. As for becoming an Official member of the DTC you got to holla at the three amigos for that (CEO, Prez, and Mayor) that’s all their decision.

I know...I just wanted to give him some sh*t.....

I agree with Thito that I consider most of the people in F51 part of our tailgate. We should think of some way so everyone knows that they are down with the DTC. The more people that rep the DTC the faster we will grow. I will look in to making some magnets like the car magnets that just say DTC. We may even find a way to put one up under the F51 sign. I talked with SkinsFan44 and we agreed that the next DTC tailgate would be the draft day party. He informed me that they do not open the entire lot, so we will have to tailgate some where other than F51. With that said I will make a F51 magnet and we will hang that where ever we tailgate. In addition I like the idea a taking the spots where hog fest was. Locking down the row on both sides will help eliminate opposing fans in our area. I really enjoy when the cars start to get backed up in front of our tailgate and we harass the opposing fans!!!

Originally posted by gibby56

I really enjoy when the cars start to get backed up in front of our tailgate and we harass the opposing fans!!!

This is sadly one of my favorite parts too.....I always look back thinking, "I'm an idiot..." But, I'm not trying to fight anyone...just let them know that Fedex isn't a cake walk anymore

I agree except that "I'm not trying to fight anyone" part. Just kidding. the DTC only brings it if brought to us! but i know dustin was about to bring it to that minnesota fan when he followed me up that hill.

WE DON'T ENCOURAGE VIOLANCE!!!

SO DON'T COME TO FEDEX IF YOU’RE NOT A SKINS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dustin, you better quit trippin fo' I smoke yo a$$. :D

I like the idea of promoting F-51 in other areas of the parking lot Gibby. These are all great marketing ideas that can be used as the DTC develops, keep them coming.

As far as the parking situation, picture this:

We have the central portion of the tailgate. This includes the Head of Security and the Director of Entertainment's (RiggoRanger) trucks with the banners, grills, tables, and tents. We could have DTCers on either side of that central area, so we are backed on both sides for many car lengths. We can continue down the hill towards the Hogfest area like Seth said. We can also add DTCers across the small street where Dustin was parked. We will create a monster tailgate with the DTC banners, tents, etc RIGHT in the middle of it all. It will be the gameday headquarters where DTCers come to get questions answered, problems dealt with, and beers bonged.

I also like the idea of having a way that everyone can side with the DTC who parks near us, even if they don't post here or aren't "official" DTCers. I was thinking about buying some cups online in bulk, and have "DTC Punch" pressed onto the cups, so everyone who was a fan, or who tailgated would cop one. They are relatively inexpensive, and I think this may be one of the first few ideas we have that could make some $ around F-51 so we could bolster our tailgate with revenues. Just an idea. We could also just put "Dead Tree Crew" or "DTC" on the cups, I just figured since our punch was so famous thanks to Gibby and the SOC, we might as well capitalize.

I love your ideas as always CEO. Are theses cups going to be “Pimp” cups, like a Lil Jon video?

As far as the parking situation goes I think your vision is perfect. With that said now you are in charge of all parking in F51.

All people parking in F51 must check with the CEO to find out where they should be parking. And as I mentioned in this thread no signs permitted in F51 with out the Mayor approval.

I love getting these ideas. If anyone has any more ideas please keeping posting them so we can formulate plans for future enhancements.

Archived