Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas was the First game I saw live and thoughts.

MarkPSkins

The funniest thing I found was that most of the Dallas fans were actually disappointed they won the game...draft pick.

Brunell was never booed so bad. With 3:40 on the clock, Vinnie trotted out to the biggest chorus of boos I have ever heard. When he went three and out including a sack and what should have been considered three sacks but he actually gained yards on two of them, the booing was unbelievable.

What was even more unbelievable was when the skins went up 10-6 the stadium emptied to about half full, I guess only the boo birds remained.

Me and my son were pretty obnoxious as far as fans go and would have been worse if it weren't for an entire row of 6-7 yr-old girls sitting in front of us. Who, why would you bring 10 little girls to a football game? Guess the fathers made a "shopping" deal with the wives.

I wanted to so punch the guy behind me, while we were being loud an brazen for the skins in an in-your-face type of way, he was just being rude. He would make a shrill whistle with his fingers leaning in just behind my ear at every little positive thing the Cowboys did and even more so when the Skins did negative things. I know he was leaning in because one time he was whistling I snapped my head back in hopes of breaking a nose and brushed the guy. How I wish I would have connected. He would also clap as loud as he could with his hands as close to my ear as he could put them. Sad thing is, I probably deserved it :evil:

After the skins fans went up 10-6 me and my son were going around the now half empty section high-fiving the other Redskins fans, when the the Skins fumbled the punt, some moron behind us threw beer on us, sadly, the little girls in front of us took most of the barrage. Nice.

On the long walk back to the green lot, seemingly 10 miles, we took our lumps, we had nothing in reply until we found that chanting "Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie" seemed to shut most of them up.

I still believe the Cowboys are the referees darling and didn't even realize until after the game that they only had one enforced penalty the whole game while we had 8 for 67 yards including two calls I still don't understand. Defensive holding on a running play and an offensive face mask by the ball carrier. Yeah, imagine Marshall Faulk getting called for an offensive face mask. WTF?

Anyway, about the game itself, the one thing that I really noticed about our sad excuse for a passing game is we rarely had more than two out in a pattern. Most of the time the patterns were just setting up in space in the zone, however there were usually three Cowboys setting up in the same zone. We never run continuous patterns, just outs and curls. Very wierd to watch from the uppers deck.

Blame Ramsey all you want for "not seeing the field" but from my persepctive, there was a whole lot of field to see or recievers to choose from.

Random thoughts: As good as our defense is, we still can't seem to come up with the play that shuts the door. I thought we did on Dallas's second to last possession, but after the fumble..well you know what happened.

On offense, we suck, plain and simple and it's even uglier to see in person.

Anyway I know this is late, but, I'm really not ready to discuss next year yet.

Archived