Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 16 Judgements:

afparent

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8038673

You can click on the link to read the entire article. I thought I would just post some of his interesting comments:

3. Question: Name the last time an NFL team went the entire season without both its starting wide receivers scoring touchdowns. Well, it could happen this year to the Giants. If neither Amani Toomer nor Ike Hilliard score next weekend -- and you have to like their chances of getting blanked based on the first 16 weeks -- they make history. Neither scored this year, and, yes, each played every game.

Damn, and they tore us up last year

5. Well, let's see ... that loss to Dallas makes it 14 of the last 15 for poor Washington in the series. When Steve Spurrier took over the Redskins in 2001, he promised to beat the Cowboys, and he did -- once. Nobody else has since Norv Turner in 1997, and that tells me all I need to know about why Dallas coach Bill Parcells stuck with Vinny Testaverde. He and the Cowboys must have wanted this game badly. What do you bet we see Testaverde sit for the season finale?

9. Here's my problem with the Pro Bowl voting: Philadelphia's Jeremiah Trotter starts six games and makes it; Kansas City's Priest Holmes starts eight and does not. Now, Trotter's done an outstanding job since moving in as the starting middle linebacker, but, please, his choice is either a bad joke or a reflection of how bad the middle linebacker position is in the NFC. And Holmes? All he did in eight games was score 15 times -- a pace that, over 16 games, would have broken Holmes' record of 27 set last year. Yet he doesn't make the trip to Hawaii, and Trotter does.

My bottom five

1. San Francisco ... This is how you build support for a new stadium?

2. Cleveland ... Suddenly, Butch Davis looks like Paul Brown

3. Chicago offense ... Maybe Michael would like to try QB

4. Daniel Snyder ... Investments down since 1999, last winning season

5. Mike Tice ... Needs to read The Tortoise and the Hare

Archived