Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An impressive performance.

Saragoth

Patrick Ramsey..... Lets not talk about how well he's throwing the ball and how he did a pretty good job at seeing the field this weekend.

Lets talk about what I see before he even throws the ball.

Our QB has grown, maybe in part due to Spurrier. I thought after last year PR was prolly ruined as a QB due to all the hits he took, but it looks like he grew up a hell of a lot..

I think the biggest thing he learned last year was how to avoid the rush, and you can tell by looking at him that he can feel it around. SO many QB's do not possess this skill.

I counted 8 times where the backside rush was closing in on PR and he just scootched up a bit, then stepped and threw . Other times he'd side step or duck under the rush and get rid of the ball.. I'm very very proud him, I think he's a keeper.

Originally posted by HoGz - For - Life

Patrick Ramsey..... Lets not talk about how well he's throwing the ball and how he did a pretty good job at seeing the field this weekend.

Lets talk about what I see before he even throws the ball.

Our QB has grown, maybe in part due to Spurrier. I thought after last year PR was prolly ruined as a QB due to all the hits he took, but it looks like he grew up a hell of a lot..

I think the biggest thing he learned last year was how to avoid the rush, and you can tell by looking at him that he can feel it around. SO many QB's do not possess this skill.

I counted 8 times where the backside rush was closing in on PR and he just scootched up a bit, then stepped and threw . Other times he'd side step or duck under the rush and get rid of the ball.. I'm very very proud him, I think he's a keeper.

I am not so sure about it at all... He missed atleast 4 throws to wide open recievers over their heads.. that duck shoot that he through to Gardner was just lucky... Dont get me wrong I am not trying to be negative but realistic.

Over all I would say he did ok and improving but what pissed me off was their chances in the redzone and they didnt get the TD's..

Originally posted by skins1972

I am not so sure about it at all... He missed atleast 4 throws to wide open recievers over their heads.. that duck shoot that he through to Gardner was just lucky... Dont get me wrong I am not trying to be negative but realistic.

Over all I would say he did ok and improving but what pissed me off was their chances in the redzone and they didnt get the TD's..

Which four throws? The only throw where he "missed a wide open receiver" and wasn't under significant pressure was the overthrow of Gardner in the end-zone. I watched the best QBs in the NFL throw picks and miss open receivers all day yesterday (Favre, Pennington, Hasslebeck, Leftwich), yet somehow Ramsey completes over 60% of his passes w/ a rating over 100 and he has the fatal flaw of "not seeing the field"

Originally posted by barry wilburn

I watched the best QBs in the NFL throw picks and miss open receivers all day yesterday (Favre, Pennington, Hasslebeck, Leftwich), yet somehow Ramsey completes over 60% of his passes w/ a rating over 100 and he has the fatal flaw of "not seeing the field"

Oh yeah... Favre threw a couple terrible game changing interceptions in the endzone.

That "not seeing the field thing" is some BS Wilbon conjured up after the first loss to the Giants, from some comments by some Giants defensive players. The blind-to-the-field Ramsey then proceeded to absolutely light up the Giants' defensive players in their next meeting. :laugh:

It's not a problem of not seeing the field... it's a comfort level in this offense. Knowing where your receivers are going to be at all times. Then we will see improvement in the red zone.

Archived