Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I guarantee you Jansen is pissed at snyder now!!!

I expect a backlash after this mornings shocking revelation from ESPN.

We may have a major holdout either in training camp or next season that could get really nasty with big Jon Jansen. After our failed attempt to trade him for Harrington (thank goodness that didn't happen) we've let him, and the rest of the team, know that he's expendable.

Jansen is a proud man, a true warrior, this humiliating loss of face could have dire consequences.

Things may get ugly soon.

That is only if there is anything legit to the report... which I am very skeptical of.

Even so, why would he be pissed? Its not time to re-up his contract yet... When it is, he will be taken care of either by the Skins or whoever outbids the Skins for him.

As long as he stays healthy this year, he will get his big payday.

I agree. He's close enough to negotiating a new contract not to screw things up now. He'll either get a nice big contract next season from the Skins or go somewhere else for it. Hopefully he stays.

Until I see something a little more solid about the report I'm skeptical as well.

I was driving and heard the report on the radio. I didn't know there was a question as to it's authenticity.

As for my assertion that Jansen was angry, perhaps I'm guilty of allowing my own feelings (when I heard the reported trade offer) to influence my opinion. It would have been asinine to trade Jansen and a first for Harrington.

The report could be true. I've wondered about where Jansen stands with the team. When the team signed Rod Jones, and then it was reported the team was looking at Levi Jones, I wondered if maybe they were going to let Jansen leave next year.

Pure speculation on my part.

Furthermore, maybe it was the Lions who were ASKING for Jansen, not the Skins OFFERING him.

There's two sides to every trade...

Archived