Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Rollout

GatorEye

I'm wondering what happened to the rollout. Gibbs seemed to call a lot of rollouts for Brunell to help move the pocket and while he had some pressure it never seemed as bad as when Ramsey gets in there and drops straight back. Conversely I never saw those similar rollouts called for Ramsey.

While it's hard to call anything Brunell did effective, the rollout did seem to help alleviate the rush and give him more time to throw. I'm curious why we didn't see more of that with Ramsey. Maybe he just isn't comfortable doing it. But, perhaps, if it something he could work on and get more comfortable with, it might help him avoid more sacks and more time to read the defense.

Id really like to see that play where Ramsey just rolls out to the right..its not really a rollout, but he just goes out to the right and it gives him an extra couple seconds to make better decisions. If you have Plays from the Giants game, watch the Gardner catch (the amazing one where he stretches out), watch Ramsey, i really like that rollout thingy he did.

Originally posted by afparent

If Mark Rypin could make a living rolling out, then Ramsey can

Exactly. Not to forget that Ramsey did a few roll outs during his short appearance in the Giants game. He looked pretty good at it especially on that 50 yard strike to Gardner.

I don't buy people saying Ramsey is not mobile. As a 25 year old QB in the NFL, I'm sure the guy can rollout 5 yards to his right. I'm not saying he needs to be like McNabb running all over the place, but people who say he isn't mobile make it sound like he is worse than Marino in his last years with those bad knees.

afparent hit it - if Rip could rollout so can Ramsey.

Archived