Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I was at the Game!

afparent

Ok, I sat in section 107...pretty good angle to see what was going on and forgive me if I repeat anything that has already been posted.

Gibbs strategy to pass early to open up the running game backfired. Brunell didn't have a chance against that defense. Our receivers get no separation at all. Next thing you know it was 17-0

Palmer was better than I thought. He stands tall in the pocket. They did a lot of crossing routes which enable their receivers to get open and took advantage of when our LBs were on their WRs which I saw a lot. Even though they didn't complete many deep, deep balls, Johnson seemed to get behind our secondary. Our receivers cannot do that.

I saw some dropped passes, but our receivers cannot get open when going one on one. Now, Cincy played a 2 deep coverage which congested things but right now, with our receivers we do not have a vertical game. A couple of times, Gardner didn't look for the ball until it was pass him.

On the TD drive, Ramsey threaded the needle on a couple of passes, including the TD. I think McCants has the best hands on the team. The one big play he caught, the CB from Cincy had a hand on it.

The passes Ramsey did complete, Brunell can't make those throws. On behalf of Brunell, there is no way he can be successful in this offense. The receivers get no separation and his arm isn't strong enough to thread the needle.

Penalties killed us but I swear, some of them were weak.

A lot of fans left with 12 minutes left, which was disappointing.

There were a few Bengal fans, not a lot, but a few. Some empty seats. It seemed like more people were trying to get rid of tickets than usual outside the stadium.

They definitely should have gave the ball to Portis more.

I knew Ramsey would be rusty....maybe with a week of practice we can turn this thing around. I did notice he picked up a couple of blitzes which was nice. I was very surprised Gibbs put him in, but I tell you no way was Brunell going to move the ball against that defense. It was fun when Ramsey started warming up and he came into the game.

F-15 flyover was awesome!

thanks for the report. i HATE losing, but i am actually in good spirits all things considered. As you said, Ramsey was rusty, but also made throws there is NO WAY Brunell would have made. If/When the line gives him time, Ramsey CAN succeed in this offense, i don't care what anyone says.

Originally posted by monkey66

It seemed like there were a TON of empty seats at the start of the game, what was the deal with that?

After about the 1st Qtr, it looked like years past...you could see the yellow in the club level. Shoot, one guy sat in my section for the first time in the middle of the 3rd Qtr. I didn't even sit in my assigned seat. i sat near the aisle because no one sat there the whole game

Originally posted by buzzlightbeer81

Ramsey made a few decent throws, but he was also extremely lucky to walk away with only 2 picks, a fair to good defense easily has 4-5, a lot bounced off their hands. Ramsey MUST make better decisions/reads

Good point.. I think that with a week of practice and actually starting a game and having a chance to get a running game behind him he will look different!

Another point and some may not agree with me, but we do not have a #1 receiver. There is a big difference between Chad Johnson and our recievers. Sure Coles is good, but I don't know if he is a #1 receiver. Gardner was terrible and just isn't fast enough to get separation. Whether it was scheme or moves, our receivers do not get separation and Chad Johnson does.

Archived