Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Trade

Bazooka Tooth

Bazooka,

You might want to wait until after Sunday's game. Gordon is expected to get most of the carries this Sunday, and he's going against a Cincinnati defense that gave up 196 yards to Curtin Martin last week.

His value could skyrocket.

WRs tend to be a coin flip other than the top 3 or 4. Can't count on them for points like you can a RB or QB since they just don't get the touches. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in marginally improving that position.

Go ahead and make the trade if you have absolutely no use for Gordon ... just don't expect McCareins to save your team.

Originally posted by Brave

WRs tend to be a coin flip other than the top 3 or 4. Can't count on them for points like you can a RB or QB since they just don't get the touches. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in marginally improving that position.

Go ahead and make the trade if you have absolutely no use for Gordon ... just don't expect McCareins to save your team.

I agree with you , I am just struggling at WR right now. Do you think I need to work out a blockbuster deal to get a stud WR, or should I just hope that my strong points pull up my WR weakness?

Make this trade in a heartbeat especially if you are weak at reciever, McCareins will probably be the leading receiver on the Jets this year. Pennington should throw for 4000 yds and the #2 reciever in NY always gets solid production. Gordon is a running back behind an offensive line that almost got Ricky Williams killed last year. Look for McCareins to put up 1100 yards / 10 td's while Gordon will be lucky to rush for 800 yards / 5 td's.

Ken and pga have the right idea.

Struggle through another week as is at WR ... who knows, you might get lucky and pick up some points. Hold onto Gordon and guage his performance on Sunday. Then you can decide to keep him or possibly trade him for a better WR.

Originally posted by KenF

Bazooka,

I would wait until after Sunday, when Gordon should have a very good game.

If he has a great game, you might be able to pull a deal for Joe Horn, Andre Johnson, or someone in that range.

Ken,

That would be amazing. I am thinking the same thing right now. If he does blow up, then it would be pretty stupid to have traded him for McCaierens. :cheers:

McCareins week 2 : 3 stars

McCareins gets a great matchup with the very beatable Sammy Davis lined up across from him. He led the Jets in receiving in week one, but couldn't cross the stripe. That changes here, and he logs his first 100-yard game as a member of Gang Green as well.

Gordon week 2 : 2 stars

Gordon becomes the second former third-stringer (in addition to Feeley) to play a very important role in this offense. If Curtis Martin can rack up 196 and two scores against the Cats, though, Lamar should be good for close to 100 total yards and could get lucky with a touchdown. The uncertain availability and unknown roles of Sammy Morris and Travis Minor keep Lamar's ranking down for now. If one or both can't go and Gordon is the unquestioned feature back, bump him up a notch.

:logo:

Think about going with Rod this week, I am starting him for Coles. He looked good last week and until Brunell can prove he can hit the recievers in stride, Rod is the larger more athletic reciever and would stand a better chance of fighting for a ball. IMO.

Week two : 3 stars Rod Gardner

Gardner has scored in five straight games against the Giants, and if you don't start him this week, we don't know why he's on your fantasy squad. This is as good as it gets for Rod.

Any body have an opinion on a fantasy trade involving Peyton Manning, Rudi Johnson, and Jerry Porter for Tommy Brady, TO, and Chris Brown. I think the later looks like the weaker side of it right now, but could turn out better for me in the long run. Have a sneaking suspicion Brady could have a very similar year to Peyton.

Archived