Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buddha's guarantee for this season

Buddha

I guarantee that I will NOT draw my attention away from games by trying to watch the TV and click through this site (or any other sports site).

I guarantee that I will NOT try to catch each and every pregame show and read each and every article in hopes of hearing praise for my Skins, only to have those hopes dashed by the naysayers.

I guarantee that I will NOT overanalyze our roster and depth chart, and be consumed with second guessing why my favorite backup isn't starting over an apparent underachiever.

I guarantee that I will NOT let a loss or a less than crisp performance ruin my upcoming week.

Joe Gibbs is back. And for the time he is at the helm, all will be right again. Maybe he won't bring us a trophy this year. But he will. Very, very soon. And his whole reason for being here will be to correct the one mistake he made when he left at the end of the 1992 season. He will ensure that when he does leave again, sound depth and quality coaching will remain to carry his legacy beyond his time here.

The important thing for us all to remember on the eve of the 2004 season is that, at Gibbs's age, none of us know how long his second tenure really will be.

I will be doing my best to preserve my enthusiasm for the 3 hours that Joe Gibbs's Redskins are on the field this season. And I plan to savor each and every minute of those 3 hours, not taking for granted what we lost 11 years ago.

You old guys know what I'm talking about. Hopefully you young guys will as well.

Originally posted by Buddha

Joe Gibbs is back. And for the time he is at the helm, all will be right again. Maybe he won't bring us a trophy this year. But he will. Very, very soon. And his whole reason for being here will be to correct the one mistake he made when he left at the end of the 1992 season. He will ensure that when he does leave again, sound depth and quality coaching will remain to carry his legacy beyond his time here.

I think you make a great point here Buddha. When Joe left, our coaching staff was in disarray. The next time he leaves, I think he'll mentor and mold our FO to know what to look for this time around.

Buddha, The ONLY thing I worry about now is Gibbs's health. I just hope Joe takes the time to monitor his health on a daily basis. If I were Snyder I would have hired a complete medical staff dedicated exclusively to the COACHES to make sure they all are watched closely. After the season starts these guys may get so deeply involved with there jobs they may neglect there health. This is my greatest fear. I don't want another Lombardi if Joe has to give his life to achieve it.

This is a very serious issue and one many may not want to openly discuss. My prayers go out to Joe and the staff and I wish them good health thruout the season.:cheers:

Archived