Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hopes, Expectations and Predictions

Chrisbob74

Ok folks, the pre season is done, the roster is all but sorted (barring any waiver moves) and the season is only a week away, so, lets hear everyones thoughts on how we'll do and what you hope to see.

I expect to see a more organised and well drilled team. I don't think we can win every game but I expect us to be prepared as well as anyone in the league.

I hope to see an improvement in our overall record on last year and also improve our divisional record.

I expect that we will start the season slow with a lot of new faces and new schemes(well, they are old, but new to this set of players) it may well take time to settle, I expect us to end the season strongly though, Gibbs always did well in December.

I predict we finish 8-8, if things all fall our way (we stay pretty healthy, Pokes and Eagles struggle more than expected) then we may sneak to 9-7 or even 10-6. If we got into the play-offs that would exceeed my expectations.

I also predict we go 3-3 in the division. To have a chance of winning the division I think you need to go at least 4-2 9though that's not written in stone). I am not predicting who we take our wins/losses off.

Why 8-8? My main reasoning is that I believe we will start slow because of the reasons I stated above, but also because I feel both sets of lines (offensive and defensive) aren't quite up to stratch yet.

The OL will be vastly improved on last year with Buges coaching and a more friendly scheme but we have already lost Jansen, which really hurts and I am coming round to others who are thinking that we are lacking at center. we have two good back-ups there rather than a good starter IMO. A few more injuries could kill us here. They will be better than last year, though I feel we may struggle running the ball at times as the blocking may take time to come together there.

Again, the defensive line should be better, it looks better on paper and I think it will do well vs the run but I feel we will only get good pass rush pressure by blitzing rather than just the fromt four doing it for us.

Just my :2cents: ..............lets hear yours folks!

You think we will go 3-3 in the division and we will only win 5 games out of the next 10 out of our division? The NFC East will be difficult but .500 out of the division is horrible! You guys forget we have Gibbs, hell, SS went 7-9 his first season and Gibbs has more talent. Come on guys, have some faith!

Originally posted by TLusby

You think we will go 3-3 in the division and we will only win 5 games out of the next 10 out of our division? The NFC East will be difficult but .500 out of the division is horrible! You guys forget we have Gibbs, hell, SS went 7-9 his first season and Gibbs has more talent. Come on guys, have some faith!

Our division is still pretty tough. Consider that we have been this divisions b*tch the past few years (I hate that, but it is true) and the only two division games we have won have been against lame duck coaches waiting for the bullet and 3-3 is a good improvement against the 1-5 we have posted the past two years.

Our division contains two teams that went to the play-offs last year and another team that will not be any where near as bad as it was the 2nd half of last season.

I honestly just hope we are at least competitve in our divisional games this time round.

Archived