Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs/Riggins/Arrington?

3DaysLatr

How many of us (I was at first) are down on Arrington right now?:( My original thoughts were that Joe Gibbs and his regime of "EXPERIENCED" NFL staffers were going to come in here and cut loose all the players with attitudes.:coach: Promptly, Arrington (of all the players it had to be Arrington, right):gus: starts this thing about the 6.5 missing from his contract and I immediately got pissed (because that's what I do when a millionaire starts complaining about money).:nopity: But I was wrong and alot of you are too. The fact is that Joe Gibbs doesn't care about these guy's contracts, he cares about one thing and that is WINNING.

This same situation was in place when Gibbs arrived for his first stint, the Redskins biggest "established" star player was holding out and had already sat an entire season. Did Gibbs say cut him, trade him??????? No, he went to the home of HOF RB John Riggins:allhail: and said he needed him and got him back on the field.

This will all wash with Arrington and you know what with Gibbs at the helm I'm willing to say that LA is finally going to deliver the goods on all that talent. From the weakside I have a feeling that he's about to blow-up in ways that have been reserved for hallowed LB names.

Just my thinking........ :dunce:

as far as Riggins-

Gibbs also said after meeting him at his home he determined Riggins was a head case and thought to himself "I'll just get this guy back and trade him" ...then Riggins said he'll come back as long as there's a no-trade clause in his contract.

Gibbs went on to say it was a lesson he learned about character

(All in his book)

Originally posted by jimster

as far as Riggins-

Gibbs also said after meeting him at his home he determined Riggins was a head case and thought to himself "I'll just get this guy back and trade him" ...then Riggins said he'll come back as long as there's a no-trade clause in his contract.

Gibbs went on to say it was a lesson he learned about character

(All in his book)

That decision may have been made due to the fact that Riggins promptly opened his front door with a beer in hand and then told Gibbs he was in "game shape".:rolleyes:

That little tidbit I heard from Riggin's mouth on the Tony Korn(can't spell the rest) show.

Gibbs' description of him in his book was he'd just got back from hunting, was dressed in camo, looked like he hadn't shaved or showered in days, was drinking a beer at 10 in the morning and after Gibbs gave his long sales pitch to come back to the team, all Riggins said was "I'll make you famous" and got up from the kitchen table. that's when Gibbs thought to himself I'll just get him back and trade him...and you know the rest

I'd say that Gibbs' assessment of him being a head-case is right on, Riggin's exploits surely back that up. That being said a Head-Case must be a perfect fit for this offense, how much can we get Lawrence Phillips for.......... Or is he in prison...........;-)

As to what Riggins said to Gibbs, I'll go along with Gibbs' version since Riggins was probably either three sheets........ or can't remember as result of how many times he's been three sheets........

Archived