Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Motives behind Bobby Taylor's visit after reading this from KFFL............

TC4

I was checking out KFFL, and I saw this posted about CB Bobby Taylor:

Redskins | Taylor To Visit - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:04:28 -0800

The Washington Times reports free agent CB Bobby Taylor (Eagles) will visit the Washington Redskins on Thursday, March 18

As everyone can see, that was posted at 10:04 AM this morning. Yet, as you read further down the page, you will see this posted:

Cowboys | Taylor Not Hearing Back - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 08:49:30 -0800

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports free agent CB Bobby Taylor (Eagles) has made it clear he would love to finish his career with the Dallas Cowboys, but has not heard back from the team. "He wants to be in Dallas," Taylor's agent Jason Medlock said. "But I don't think it's going to happen. I called (Cowboys vice president) Stephen Jones last week about a visit. But I haven't heard from them.'"

That was posted at 8:49 AM. After reading that, it makes me wonder, could Bobby Taylor be using the Redskins visit, or the threat of a visit to try to squezze the Cowboys?

Guest Xtrmskn04

This doesn't make any sense. Another post on the board today, i thought said Taylor really wanted to go to Seatle?? now he really want's to go to Dallas? Does he just really want to go to whoever is going to pay him?

could Bobby Taylor be using the Redskins visit, or the threat of a visit to try to squezze the Cowboys? [/b]

This is entirely feasible and in a sense, smart as can be, and though "Jerrah and Tuna won't be intimidated" by such a maneuver, the fact remains they need BT more than we need BT (in the grand scheme of things).....plus, it's no more underhanded than Danny Boy sending Redskins One out like a cruise missile to collect BT primarily to deflect him from signing with the Girls, as was alluded to in the previous BT thread. Anyway, agents and their clients aren't always the same voice, so when Bobby visits, and Danny shows him the trophies and his checkbook, Bobby might say something along the lines of, "Finish as a Cowboy? Aw, shoot, I meant, Redskin. Yes, Mr. Snyder, that's Bobby, spelled with three B's."

I wouldn't mind BT back there, but I wouldn't mind him in Irving either. I'm thinking that 5th rounder we got back from the Butler no-go could produce a diamond in the rough CB, and/or if we trade out of the 5 overall, it wouldn't be too outta left field to nab a 2nd or 3rd round CB as long as the DE situation has been addressed.

- FUF

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

All things being equal, Taylor probably would sign with Dallas over the Redskins. But all things are not equal. Thats why he may sign with the Skins, because Dallas doesn't have as much interest. So whats so new about that? :D

Exactly, all the more reason for BT's agent to invoke the dreaded Pokes to get Danny Boy to drop some fat G's on him. The Skins will always get burned by the "one that shouldn't get away"--perceived value inflated beyond rationality, more so than other teams who do their homework, have back up plans and don't reach--but since it's Dan's money and they'll probably figure out a way to sign him to a reasonable deal (that will look entirely unreasonable...) it's to our advantage anyway.....or at least so goes the spin....

- FUF

PS - Look Ma, I'm a Waterboy now!

Archived