Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The More I think..

StevieInferior

The more I think about it the more I think he is getting by on name. The guy wants $18mill up front. Even at $14mill, you have to be a game changer and not simply take a WR out of a game. When the ball is thrown at him, he does not take it back to the house. It seems that this year he was burned more than usual. The Giants have always torched him, not cause Toomer is that good, but becuase they realize you can throw at him.

Somethingf very telling to me is the highlight reel being played of him. Last night I switched back and forth from all 4 local sports reports. All used one recent highlight, the int in the NE game. Certainly someone who demands such a salary can get a more diverse sampling of his plays across different stations.

He has only taken over one game, the AZ game in 99. Since then he has been nothing more than a solid CB, esp. since Jake Plummer and AZ left the division.

I am fully admitting that I did not think this during the season when I thought we would resign Champ. Perhaps I am justifying the inevitable.

Archived