Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Gross Bailey Thread

JoeSkins

I know most of you are sick of all the conjecture and rhetoric surrounding the players, agents, personnel guys and media covering this situation, but hear me out:

Now, what if our letting Champ seek a trade is a tool to keep him, not to deal him? After all, what team if going to pay as much as we offered him? Champ is going to find out that nobody's change purse is as deep as Danny's, and that we still have the best deal around. Plus, even if he finds a better deal, who's to say that we can't just put a little more bank into it and Bailey's still happy? The way I see it is that our guys are letting the league to our negotiating for us, knowing that the league is much more tightly-gripping its cash than we are. Plus, this may be a precautionary measure to help keep Bailey a little less angry at the franchise tag that we'll put on him if nothing does get done with another team. We'll be able to say, "Hey Champ, we tried to move you, but it seems like we were the only team that was truly interested in making a long-term investment in you."

Of course, I'm in the vast minority that still wants Bailey back, and would only trade him for something like the Detroit deal, if we got a 1,2, and another pick/player for him.

Archived