Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Agency: Will it be a Plan B approach?

Chrisbob74

There is a lot of speculation amongst us all as to what players we will go after in free agency.

I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder wants to, or indeed goes after the big names (Kearse etc) but I am looking forward to the lower tier free agents we go after, guys who our staff and FO assess and see potenial in, diamonds in the rough if you like.

Before free agency started proper we had Plan B, a system the 'Skins had a lot of success using, I would look for Gibbs and the FO to make use of and find some low priced FA's. We may have a few surprises on the roster next year.

As everyone that's a member of extremeskins.com wants to go after Howard,Kearse,sapp,Coleman,Washington or whoever...

I want to see us get Grant Wistrom....I don't know how much he will demand...But if they Franchise Tag PACE,they will not be able to tag Wistrom...(unless if they are allowed the Transition TAG?)

Wistrom has a motor that wont quit....A Blue collar type player with probowl abilty....I think he is very good at everything....

He's Probably a 10 to 15 sack player.......a year......Lots of hurries....Has good hands...Has got a few INT. in his short career...Smart....Good against the run....Meaning the guy can actually tackle well.....IMO...He would be the perfect fit in Washington...And a perfect Gibbs player...

If we land wistrom,that alone will upgrade OUR D-line from pathetic to just bad....

Right on, Michael, Wistrom is my favorite FA too, for the reasons you mention. Kearse is too expensive and too injury prone, but he is the kind of guy Snyder would have gone after in past years. I hope Gibbs will put the Kibosh on Kearse and go after a cheaper DL player. Berry of Denver would also be a good DE if he is available. Denver isn't in as much cap trouble as Tennessee, but they are over the cap by $5.7 mil as of now, so maybe we have a shot at him.

He's Probably a 10 to 15 sack player.......a year......Lots of hurries....

Here's his sack stats:

11, 9, 7.5, 6.5, 4.5, 3

Yep. he sure looks like a 10 to 15 sack a year guy to me.... :rolleyes:

It only takes a minute to go get his stats and look ......

Overall his stats are "solid". Nothing spectacular. Kinda like a Wynn clone.... 5 career forced fumbles, averaging about 45 to 50 tackles a year... a couple of ints.

Would he help? Yes. Would he be the mcuh needed pass rusher? that's debatable. Very debatable.

Archived