Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

That's it, I'm calling out the Chief

Awesome

Draft picks aren't important if the players cant play. Look at Jacobs and Betts. Our last 2 #2 picks you guys are already saying get rid of them so why does it matter if we trade the pick? ANother #2 Stephen Alexander he stayed hurt so why does a draft pick matter? We need playmakers this aint Playstation this is the NFL and a good FA is better then a rookie just about every time. Why waste all that money on Sean Taylor or WInslow when we dont know if these guys will help us? They could be cancers and cause problems down the line.

Originally posted by MAPTASTIC

My point is that IMO, finding an experienced backup qb to "compete" with our former #1 pick qb is well below such priorities as fixing the d-line, adding youth to the linebacking corps, coming to terms with Champ, finding a rb who can carry the load for an entire season, and infusing the team with some much needed cheap depth through the draft.

Are you suggesting that we could do all of this in one offseason?

The Pats are the perfect example they cut they're defensive leader the week the season started. They are deep and they're a team. Our fans act like crybabies everytime our HOF coach wants to improve our team. I was told Snyder would be the problem not our fans. Gibbs has come back that is a dream come true all we have to do is let the man have the players he wants. He will take us to the promise land and if he cuts or trades someone we love so what?? That's the nature of this business and it was something that he felt was in the teams best interest. He has gotten rid of Riggins, Theisman, Shroeder and others. Ramsey needs to be a man and everyone needs to stop thinking they're bigger then our team the Washington Redskins.

Originally posted by f_dallas

He wants a veteran backup for $20 million and a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

I should try to sell him a $100 bill for 5 grand, then.

Pass that kool-aid when you're through.....

Yep.....you'd end up with 5 bucks a bag a chips and be damn glad for the exchange.

Arrington is 26 and Trotter is 27.

You're right, but Trotter is an old 27- 6 years in the league and a bad knee injury to boot.

The real question on the two of them is are they smart enough? It doesn't really matter for Arrington because he has enough athletic ability to cover for most of his mistakes, but Trotter doesn't.

Yep.....you'd end up with 5 bucks a bag a chips and be damn glad for the exchange.

:hump: What?

I was trying to say "they aren't going to pay that much for a veteran backup- if they do spend the money, he's starting".

Originally posted by galentjm

Are you suggesting that we could do all of this in one offseason?

Maybe not all, but we could certainly accomplish a great deal. But instead, it looks as if we're going to sign a vetern qb to a high priced contract to shore up the inexperience factor at the qb position rather than addressing the lack of talent factor at the d-line, te, safety and rb positions.

Archived