Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What can a redskin learn from a turtle?

Ignatius J.

I thought about posting this in the turtles section ofthe board, but the statement hassuch a broad appeal in sports, and this being the offseason....

The washington post has an article on the on the terps win over VA last night. It wasn't a pretty game, and the terps almost lost three in a row. This years team has been a dissapointment, due mostly to its immense youth.

The article had a quote from gilchrist, the sophmore point guard for those who don't follow the terps:

Having shot just 34 percent in his past four games, Gilchrist was particularly down on himself.

"I really felt like I was a disgrace to the university by letting the great teams of the past down; it felt like the ghosts of this basketball program were haunting me in my sleep."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14292-2004Feb4.html

When was the last time you heard a redskin take that kind of responsibility? Perhaps it is due to the rapid turnover in college that leaves altogether different teams defending the titles won just two years before. I thought it was an amazing statement worth the read.

-DB

Players in Free Agency might enjoy being in a historically great franchise...but it'll never be like College.

When players like Juan and Steve are still in town....and go to home games when they came. Those players know there is greatness in the room.

Joe Gibbs is back in town and there are guys with the Skins like Lavar who just don't relate the same way we do.

Archived