Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone know about this Lazor guy?

SPare

Bill Lazor, the second offensive Quality Control coach that they hired.

If he's the guy that I think he is, at one point he was the all time leading passer in Ivy League history (well, OK, he went to Cornell... Ivy minor...)

Know what he's done since college if that's the case?

Lazor brings with him considerable computer skills that will assist Mangurian in the process of preparing for upcoming opponents.

Looks like a good skill to have for OQC. Sounds like these guys basically write down all of the tedious stuff so the coaches can concentrate more on the players and actually coaching.

Lazor sounds like an intelligent guy. Typical Joe Gibbs assistant. :)

Biography

Bill Lazor was named offensive quality control coach in February, 2003 after spending the last two seasons as the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach for the University at Buffalo. Prior to his stint at Buffalo, Lazor served in numerous coaching capacities at Cornell University following a record-breaking career as a quarterback at Cornell from 1991-1993. Lazor set 26 school passing and total offensive records while at Cornell. After earning his degree in 1994 from Cornell, he joined the coaching staff full-time and coached the receivers, offensive backs, quarterbacks and tight ends. In addition to his coaching duties, Lazor was also the recruiting coordinator from 1998-2000. Lazor served under Falcons offensive coordinator Pete Mangurian while Mangurian was head coach at Cornell from 1998 through 2000. Lazor brings with him considerable computer skills that will assist Mangurian in the process of preparing for upcoming opponents. He and his wife, Nicole, live in Buford, Ga.

OK, so it is the guy I thought it was. Remember hearing about the guy at a fraternity conference in '93, when I went out drinking with his offensive line. Needless to say, they were pretty high on his abilities.

The conference was at Union (Schanectady NY), and accounts for 3 of the 6 times in my life that I've been ID'd at bars.

Archived