Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Danny struck with awe

Saqs

I was proud as hell of Dan Snyder last evening.

Given the chance to stand in front of the world and lord it out in his moment of glory for as long as he wanted, he instead chose to be an afterthought in the moment, and did nothing more than introduce the coach and step aside.

Then he didn't stand beside the coach, or have a chair brought up to the dais, he instead sat quietly and humbly in the audience with everyone else, and was visibly moved by the coach's comments about him and his family.

He's done precisely what I had come to fear he was still a few humiliating, losing seasons from doing: letting go of the reins.

The man has earned a huge measure of respect in my book.

I was proud as hell of Dan Snyder last evening.

Given the chance to stand in front of the world and lord it out in his moment of glory for as long as he wanted, he instead chose to be an afterthought in the moment, and did nothing more than introduce the coach and step aside.

Then he didn't stand beside the coach, or have a chair brought up to the dais, he instead sat quietly and humbly in the audience with everyone else, and was visibly moved by the coach's comments about him and his family.

He's done precisely what I had come to fear he was still a few humiliating, losing seasons from doing: letting go of the reins.

The man has earned a huge measure of respect in my book.

Archived