Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Comments re: Parcells...

CaptainAmerica

... I posted yesterday what Parcells said a while back about Gibbs being the best coach he ever coached against.

Well, I came across these comments from Gibbs about Parcells which I had never read before. This comes from New York's Newsday paper...

Gibbs' only direct involvement with an NFL team in recent years was in 1997, when the Jets' late owner, Leon Hess, hired him as a consultant. Gibbs told Hess he wasn't interested in coaching, but he recommended Parcells, whom Hess pried away from New England. "I said, 'He's going to solve a lot of your problems,'" Gibbs recalled. "And I also told him this: 'If you get caught for tampering, fine. And if it costs you three No. 1's, that's fine. Just do it.'"

So much for Gibbs lily white image. : ) But, as you can see, these two men highly respect each other! We are going to witness some great battles in the next few years.

... I posted yesterday what Parcells said a while back about Gibbs being the best coach he ever coached against.

Well, I came across these comments from Gibbs about Parcells which I had never read before. This comes from New York's Newsday paper...

Gibbs' only direct involvement with an NFL team in recent years was in 1997, when the Jets' late owner, Leon Hess, hired him as a consultant. Gibbs told Hess he wasn't interested in coaching, but he recommended Parcells, whom Hess pried away from New England. "I said, 'He's going to solve a lot of your problems,'" Gibbs recalled. "And I also told him this: 'If you get caught for tampering, fine. And if it costs you three No. 1's, that's fine. Just do it.'"

So much for Gibbs lily white image. : ) But, as you can see, these two men highly respect each other! We are going to witness some great battles in the next few years.

Archived