Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Misconceptions

ummagumma

Free agency is a problem?

I disagree, as most people know Gibbs won 3 SBs with 3 different QB's. But he also did it with different RB's and somewhat changing WR's. Most of the continuity was located in the Offensive line which the Skins should be able to maintain, assuming Samuals is reworked. On defense there was more continuity, if memory serves me correct. On one hand, Gibbs likes vets which might seem lik a problem,but on the other hand those role playing vets, inthis era, come cheap and will jump at a chance tolay for Gibbs for the minimum.

We have to get a big name running back?

Maybe, maybe not. George Rogers, Ernest Byner were OK backs, but not great when we got them. Ricky Ervins and Timmy Smith? It's the system dummy! Not to say we won't bring someone in, but we have more options than many think.

TE is a huge need?

It will be upgraded, but it won't cost a high pick or huge cap space. Didier and Donnie Warren? Not exactly huge additions when they were acquired.

Anyone care to add some more?

Free agency is a problem?

I disagree, as most people know Gibbs won 3 SBs with 3 different QB's. But he also did it with different RB's and somewhat changing WR's. Most of the continuity was located in the Offensive line which the Skins should be able to maintain, assuming Samuals is reworked. On defense there was more continuity, if memory serves me correct. On one hand, Gibbs likes vets which might seem lik a problem,but on the other hand those role playing vets, inthis era, come cheap and will jump at a chance tolay for Gibbs for the minimum.

We have to get a big name running back?

Maybe, maybe not. George Rogers, Ernest Byner were OK backs, but not great when we got them. Ricky Ervins and Timmy Smith? It's the system dummy! Not to say we won't bring someone in, but we have more options than many think.

TE is a huge need?

It will be upgraded, but it won't cost a high pick or huge cap space. Didier and Donnie Warren? Not exactly huge additions when they were acquired.

Anyone care to add some more?

Archived