Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I feel better now that I have had time to reflect, so should you

SnydertheHun

This season has had a lot of positives and it's time to focus on them:

1. We have played three division leaders in the last three games. We beat one of them. Played one of them very tough. And played poorly against one. We were the last team to beat the Patriots who look like the real deal now (Spurrier versus Belichek, Spurrier won).

2. Our second year QB, playing with a broken foot, has given every indication that he has a great future in front of him. If he had played better against the Panthers, we would have won that game. When he gets more comfortable with the offense, and more experience overall, the offense will be fine.

3. We have some young players who are making plays. Coles, McCants, Gardner, Johnson (who is always open), Cartwright, Betts, Ramsey, on offense and Bowen, Franz, Smoot and Zelllner on defense are playing pretty well.

4. Spurrier is showing that he is learning the NFL game and is evolving as a head coach. Letting Jackson call a couple of games was a good thing as is taking back that responsibility.

5. The biggest obstacle we have to overcome to win is ourselves and not our opponents. Withh all of the change around here, it should come as no surprise that we have been inconsistent. I believe our OL will improve over time and Ramsey will only get better.

6. Our defense is another issue. Edwards needs to go. His schemes are flawed and his players lack discipline. A real HC would put friendship aside and can him this offseason. Spurrier would be well served finding an experienced NFL DC to replace Edwards.

This year was never our year to contend. Alll along, it has been a three year project. If you look at it that way, then our early success this season shows that we are ahead of schedule. Things aren't all bad.

Archived