Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut Who????

Charlie Murphaaay

Who are the Redskins gonna cut of any significance?

It sure as hell isn't gonna be a full time player, and it's unlikely

that it will be a situational reserve. More than likely it will be a

scapegoat, who probably didn't have much to do with the outcome of the last two games. I'd start with cutting Bruce Smith. He is a total liability in the running game. He takes such a wide angle (trying to get to the QB) on every play, it's easy to slip a draw or delay play to the RB on his side for significant gains on passing downs.

The defense did play as bad as they looked. Especially considering that they were on the field almost the entire game. The Bills scored 24 points. 3 of which came on the 1st drive of the game. The Redskins need more desire offensively, because it's contagious. An offense that is inept for 3 quarters will often find that the defense won't have enough at the end to bail them out.

Laverneous Coles, as fast as he is, isn't as fast on the field as he should be. He takes short choppy steps, which makes it easier for defenders to arm tackle him. I wish he'd take longer strides, especially after he catches the ball so that he could gain more separation.

What's up with Taylor Jacobs, he doesn't seem to be seeing the light of day.

Do the offensive lineman like Ramsey much? It seems as if they did, they take it protecting their QB seriously and personally.

It's also time that we find a franchise RB. QB's who have them don't take as many hits. A gameplan can be built around him instead of freestyling with this running back by committee crap which we don't seem to be able to handle.

Right now it seems as if the Skins could f*ck up a steel ball with a rubber mallet. Hopefully things will change, because more than anything I hate to miss the playoffs, and even more than that, I hate to loose to those sorry ass Cowboys....

Cuts?

1. Cut Orantes Grant

2. Cut Lemar Marshall

Both these players have contributed nothing and been inactive most of the season anyway. Why do they want to keep two marginal players who are taking up two spots on the team and not even active? :rolleyes:

Replace them with:

1. DE Lorenzo Bromell

2. DT Michael Myers or DT Henry Ford.

Bromell has had some pass rushing success in the past and Myers or Ford might be of some help.

Bench?

1. Bruce Smith - always gives effort but is a liability against the run now, and should be used only as a situational pass rusher.

Replace him with Regan Upshaw

2. Derrick Dockery - he is too green. Replace him with Friedman

3. DT Bernard Holsey - replace with Myers or Ford above.

4. Todd Franz - give Andre Lott a chance to see what he can do.

Drop this running back by committee crap. Find a starter like Canidate or McCullough and stick with one guy. :)

Archived