Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Griffin Iii: ‘We Will Figure It Out’

I don't even know where to start. 580 yards allowed?  300+ passing yards allowed in the FIRST HALF?!?!? Seriously?!?!?!? I love RG3 but he's looked very....VERY....average. Making poor decisions. No zip on the ball. & where are his feet? I know they don't want him to run as much but how about a little bit of it? He just hasn't looked himself at all. I question if he really is 100%.

I didn't think it was possible but evidently it is.....the D is worse than it was last year. 580 total yards allowed. 480 passing yards allowed. 9.6 passing yards/play.139 rushing yards allowed. 8.3 average gian/offensive play. 28 1st downs allowed. Not Good. If we don't beat the Lions next week then I'm afraid we'll have to make some tough decisions. We CAN NOT afford to start the season 0-3.

HTTR!!!

RG3 says he will not point the finger at anyone, but I will. The defense HAS to step up and playing two rookies in the secondary isn't going to work. I can't remember seeing the secondary play worse than they have in these two first games. Rambo simply can't tackle in the open field and nobody can cover anyone. They look lost and confused out there. I think they will get better, but this could be a long year for this defense. We can talk all day about RG3 but I think a lot of it is exaggerated because everyone knew coming in it was going to take a month or so to see the old RG3. He looked really bad in the first half last week, but he didn't look that bad in the first half yesterday. When the defense allows you to be down 21 nothing in the first quarter, you are putting the offense in a tough situation. You can blame Griffin, but RG3 didn't give up 580 yards. Can he play better? Definitely. But the real problem here is the defensive secondary and if it is not corrected, Stafford and Johnson are going to tear them up again next week even if RG3 goes for 450 yards and 4 TDS. I have been pulling for Brandon Meriweather since he was signed last year, but he just can't stay on the field. They are going to have to make some tough choices soon on that defense.

Archived