Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Comeback Falls Short, Drop 33-27

OK, the good news first, this team will be OK. It seems that RG3 didn't trust his knee until the 3rd quarter, not willing to drive off his back leg or follow thru on his passing motion. This caused many a off target pass and our WR's could not adjust to the weak / late balls. I even saw RG3 "jumping" on some hand -offs and pitch plays instead of planting his foot. This caused the whole offense to be off center. All of these things can be fixed. I think the bigger problem was that the coaching staff allowed confusion to transfer to the field from the coaching box on defense. We had guys trying to make plays but got out of position over playing. The way to stop the Eagles O is to attack with a pass rush with only 4 or 5 guys and allow the play to come to you. You do not make decisions for the O by getting out of position. Once we did this we were OK (that's not to say we do not have concerns, we do). Give the Eagles credit for a good game plan but we have to fix this free lance style of play on Defense (I am talking about you #98, 26, 30) and learn to man up faster on Offense (WR's dropped balls) and Special teams (#25). Again, this team will be OK, just have some work to do.

You win as team, you lose as a team. The Redskins will be OK, just too many mistakes last Monday. The personal foul by D-Hall's horse collar tackle out of bounds are an example of mistakes we just can't make, especially from veterans. Earlier in the body of this article, Richard Crawford did not play, he is on injured reserve. He was mentioned as participating in this game.

Archived