Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DIRECTV Sunday Ticket freeview on PS3 this Sunday...

DaRock

Just a head's up to anyone that has a PS3 and doesn't logon everyday or something. They are giving a freeview, free access, to the NFL Sunday Ticket this Sunday only, 11/6/2011. For those near Charlotte, who are gonna get the Bucs vs. Saints when the Panthers have a bye, this is a blessing.

Just check your messages on PS3, it's from PSN, Playstation Network. I'm not sure if everyone gets the email, but just download the app anyway as I've heard that some haven't got the email, but you still might just be able to access it anyway 'cuz when I went to download the app, it said already installed, so you might not need a code or anything.

HTTR.

Are you sure its this week? All I could find on a google search was some talk of week 1 possibly being a free preview. Hope your right, I have had Sunday ticket since before they named it Sunday ticket and started charging for it but we have been talking about dropping directv since we rarely ever use it. We spend most our time on netflix and stuff like that now days......need to see if using my PS3 (available to do Sunday ticket now) would be a viable option before making the decision.

I did go and download the app. It just gave me the option to purchase the remainder of the season, no mention of a free preview. If anyone here has been using the PS3 for Sunday ticket I'd be interested in how that working for you, Thanks.

Yup, got all the games. It's in HD. Looks great. Has the option to go to each game with the controller with ease. You can choose to play certain highlights, as if we'll have any, game stats, etc. Also gives you the RedZone. Again, looks great! and no lag...

That sucks it's not working for me. Why have a free weekend when they don't let everyone have it? I'm pissed off!!!

---------- Post added November-6th-2011 at 02:36 PM ----------

I did the same as huskerbear.

Just an option to sign on as DirectTV user, or purchase.

No signs of a freeview, as far I can tell.

Are the games in HD? That's what I'd like to know... because $99 seems like a good deal if they are.

It's $99 a month for 2 months. Basically it's $200 for the rest of the regular season.

Yup, I agree. That's messed up not everyone gets it. For what it's worth, the message read, one of our most valued members, check out the free preview of Directv NFL Sunday ticket, whatever that means. Only thing I can think of is that I've had the app installed since it came out just for the heck of it and I've bought a few things on PSN store, otherwise, not sure. And yes. it's 199.99 for rest of the season.

I liked it. I might get it next year if we make some good changes, but you guys didn't miss squat today. Only thing I didn't like about it, was when u switch from game to game it takes a bit longer than say switching channels if you had the Ticket from DirecTV or something. Otherwise, it's great, but I hope they lower the price all around next year.

Archived