Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best home game this season to take my Grandpa to? (recently honored retired Marine)

DeadExField

Some of you DC guys might have heard about the honoring of the first black Marines, and my grandather Earl Evans, Jr. was honored along with several other retired Marines. He has always been a HUGE Redskins fan, and lives right up Brightseat road. He is 82 years old, and is the most humble, loving, honorable man I will ever know, and I would like to honor him in any small way I can with something that we both love, THE REDSKINS.

The thing is that while he is still mobile and adherent, I wouldn't want to throw him in a crowd of angry young bucks who lose sight of respect during the heat of a battle... wouldn't want any blood pressure issues. What's my best bet?

If any of you guys have any extra tickets for good seats or are looking to move a couple tickets please feel free to hit me up!

there is a news article and video up on abcnews, but I'm worried about posting it since that's not Redskins related. I'll apologize before hand to the mods if this isn't okay

cheers guys, and hoorah!

Some of you DC guys might have heard about the honoring of the first black Marines, and my grandather Earl Evans, Jr. was honored along with several other retired Marines. He has always been a HUGE Redskins fan, and lives right up Brightseat road. He is 82 years old, and is the most humble, loving, honorable man I will ever know, and I would like to honor him in any small way I can with something that we both love, THE REDSKINS.

The thing is that while he is still mobile and adherent, I wouldn't want to throw him in a crowd of angry young bucks who lose sight of respect during the heat of a battle... wouldn't want any blood pressure issues. What's my best bet?

If any of you guys have any extra tickets for good seats or are looking to move a couple tickets please feel free to hit me up!

there is a news article and video up on abcnews, but I'm worried about posting it since that's not Redskins related. I'll apologize before hand to the mods if this isn't okay

cheers guys, and hoorah!

Be sure to thank your Grandfather for his service on behalf of all of us at ES! This thread is definitely Redskins related, don't worry.

Out of the remaining home games, I think your best bet is the 49ers game at 1pm on Nov. 6th. The Cowboys, Jets, Pats, and Vikings games will have lots of opposing fans, especially if the Skins continue to lose. Probably not the best thing for your Grandpa's blood pressure.

I would also highly recommend buying lower level tickets. The trek up the ramps to the upper level of FedEx is LONG (you may need an oxygen tank at the end), especially for an 82 year old. Keep checking Craigslist and Stubhub the week leading up to the Niners game, you should be able to get a parking pass and 2 great lower level tickets for no more than $200. I know that may be a little expensive but prices will continue to drop as the game gets closer. I was able to get 2 club level seats for the Cardinals game right before kickoff for $80 total, so there are good deals to be found! Depending how far away your Grandpa's house is on Brightseat Rd, you may even be able to forgo the parking pass and walk or cab to the Stadium.

As Mark the Homer will always say, beware of buying tickets higher than Row 15 in the 200 level as they can be obstructed view and ruin the gameday experience. However, all rows below 15 are gravy and great views! If you guys want the full Redskins experience, get to the parking lot by 11am and head over to E-43 Green lot, home of the legendary Extremeskins tailgate.

Good luck, we'll do our best to answer any questions you may have!

A big thank you to your Grandpa for his service! As E33Green said above your best bet may be the 49ers game. If you decide to wait until later in the season I actually have tickets available (lower level) for the Vikings game. The people I sit next to are friends of mine and one of them is actually retired Airborne who was honored during the first TV timeout at the season opener this year on 9/11. If your interested give me a shout and we can discuss more.

Whatever you decide on I hope you and your Grandpa have a great experience.

Hail! :point2sky

Archived