Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All-FA Team

Brave

Got this off of Dale's Dallas board, which was in turn taken from cbssportsline.com. (yes, I'm re-gurgitating but some of these names jumped out at me.)

All Free-Agent Team

Offense

QB Jim Miller

RB Antowain Smith

FB Fred Beasley

LT Walter Jones

LG Steve McKinney

C Olin Kreutz

RG Ron Stone

RT Tarik Glenn

P Kyle Richardson

WR Donald Hayes

WR Az-Zahir Hakim

TE Tony Gonzalez

KR Az-Zahir Hakim/Tim Dwight

Defense

DE Leonard Little

DE Kenny Mixon

DT Grady Jackson

DT John Parella

OLB Jason Gildon

OLB James Farrior/Kevin Hardy

MLB Earl Holmes

CB Duane Starks

SS Tony Parrish

FS Shaun Williams

CB R.W. McQuarters/Eric Warfield

K Adam Vinitieri and Jason Elam

Now, the names that strike a chord with me regarding needs of the Redskins are FS Shaun Williams, C Olin Kreutz, and both of the WRs. Williams play this year has not been quite to the level of last season, but he would still be an upgrade. Terrell would make good depth and still be valuable (if affordable) on special teams.

Both Hayes and Az Hakim would be fine 2nd or 3rd WRs. The question here is whether some team will take a chance on them being good #1 WRs. They could be in for a payday that is not relative to their worth.

Miller has the most appeal in the QB spot, but is it just the same as Banks?? Maybe not, since he doesn't seem to hit a mental wall like Banks.

If the NY Giants tank today, Shaun Williams, just maybe we could deal. I don't really know on it, since it is the D-Line, QB, and WR (maybe) that are a real hard core priority.

David Terrell seems to be just where we need him and Shade has improved! With Lyle at least around for another year, the pressure isn't as great, though we know to keep an eye out in this deparment and the O-Line, as well. At RB, I am also a bit concerned. We can address this later though.

Archived