Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR: Big-Name Players with Big-Time Deals: Contract Situations for Each NFL Team

GeneralStonewallTaylor

Washington Redskins: DeAngelo Hall.

Redskins team owner Dan Snyder has a reputation for spending the big bucks on free agents. He lived up to that name when he acquired cornerback DeAngelo Hall from the Oakland Raiders and treated him to a six-year deal worth $55 million.

Hall is a very experienced corner with good playmaking abilities, but he is far from a top-notch cover corner that's deserving of such huge loot.

With the departure of Carlos Rogers, Hall will feel some pressure this season as the team's clear-cut, no questions asked, No. 1 cornerback. Not that there was much of a question when Rogers was here, but everyone could agree that Carlos was the better cover corner.

The Redskins did sign free agent corner, and playmaker, Josh Wilson to join Hall in the secondary, and that addition will certainly lighten the load. But with Hall set to make $4.5 million in 2011, all eyes are on him to have a season like last year--which was arguably the best of his eight-year career.

Click link for rest of article

Author highlights which player(s) for every NFL team he believes has the most to prove in regards to their 2011 salary. Overall, a pretty good read. I personally think Landry has more to play for, whether we offer him an extension or not (I expect us to). This is based on where/when he was drafted and the hype surrounding his potential, his inconsistent play/mental focus thus far in his career, his sporadic flashes of elite-level talent, the help we've brought in on the defensive side of the ball this off-season, and the fact that the 2011 season is a contract year for him.

I don't see any scenario in which we let LaRon walk, with the exception of him missing the season with an injury and still wanting a huge contract. But I have seen stranger things from this team. I expect him to step up and have his best season yet if he stays healthy, while helping our defense move back into the top half of the league.

Hall is an "ok" corner..playmaker? yes...he gets the ball and knows what to do with it. But is a suspect cover corner and tackler. If not for Jay Cutler he probably doesn't make the pro bowl lol

Have to keep LaRon long term, I hope his injury is behind him because he was on an absolute tear before he was hobbled.

Hall is an "ok" corner..playmaker? yes...he gets the ball and knows what to do with it. But is a suspect cover corner and tackler. If not for Jay Cutler he probably doesn't make the pro bowl lol

Have to keep LaRon, I hope his injury is behind him because he was on an absolute tear before he was hobbled.

hall is a beast, he can blow coverages from time to time as long as hes making big time plays. hall won 2 of our 6 games last year for us, so he was responsible for 33% of our wins.

Archived