Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SmokingGun.com - Charges Dropped in Facebook Spy vs. Spy Case

DCBnG21

Searched around, but didn't see this posted.

I know there are normally a ton of angles to these things. Even though a lot of times in divorce/custody cases it is the guys fault, it seems that even the good guys get screwed over when it's not, and this struck me as one of those times, but this dude was able to turn it around.

Basically, he figured it was her that friended him & just started talking crazy to her after signing an affidavit that he was lying:

Charges Dropped In Facebook Spy Vs. Spy Case

JUNE 9--In an embarrassing about-face, federal prosecutors yesterday abruptly dropped criminal charges against an Indiana man who they accused of bugging his ex-wife’s automobile.

The FBI last Friday arrested David Voelkert, 38, largely on the basis of messages the South Bend man recently exchanged with a purported 17-year-old Facebook friend named “Jessica Studebaker.”

Voelkert spent four days in custody until federal prosecutors moved yesterday to drop charges against him. He was freed after proving to investigators that he knew all along that his ex-wife was the one sending him messages from the “Studebaker” account. Voelkert explained that he played along with the ruse so that he could use his ex-spouse’s machinations against her in their custody case.

To support this contention, Voelkert provided FBI agents with a May 25 notarized affidavit in which he describes receiving a friend request from “Jessica Studebaker,” whom he suspected was his ex-wife. “I am lying to this person,” he stated, “to gain positive proof that it is indeed my ex-wife trying to again tamper in my life.” He added, “In no way do I have plans to leave with my children or do any harm to Angela Dawn Voelkert or anyone else.”

Rest of the article available from the link

Archived