Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES and WWE...More similarities than you might think!

Teller

So as I sit here watching Friday Night Smackdown for the first time in a couple of months, it struck me that pro wrestling and ES bear some striking similarities.

There's "shoot" wrestling, which is as close to straight-up wrestling as there is in the pro arena. And once in a great while, you can find a good on-the-up-and-up debate here.

Then there's the scripted, WWE-style pro wrestling, which has one purpose, getting a reaction or "pop" from the crowd. Likewise, a lot of times, the arguments we use in different threads seem geared to elicit a specific reaction from our fellow posters, and may or may not be factually based.

So my idea is this. Build yourself an "ESWF" profile. Tell us where you're from (real or fictional.) Your signature arguments and catch phrases. Whether you're a "face" (conservative), or "heel" (liberal). ;) And feel free to give us a mock, wrestling-style interview or two.

Or better yet. Build a profile for your fellow posters. The more exaggerated, the better. Within forum rules, of course. :)

---------- Post added January-21st-2011 at 09:21 PM ----------

Board Name: honorary_hog

Ring Name: The Ramblin' Redneck

Hometown: Youaintfromaroundhereareyaboy, West Virginia

Ht: 49 WPM. Wt: 87% accuracy.

Affiliation: Whatever is convenient in a given thread.

Catch phrases: "Be consistent, mother ****er!" "I want equality for the select few who are equal to me." "I'll act affirmatively, all over your face!"

Bio: The Ramblin' Redneck is a beer drinkin', typo-tossin', crusader for the more fortunate. He has no time nor tolerance for those who actually need help; and disparages every institution, in and out of the ring, that disagrees. His ring gear consists of a black, rebel flag t-shirt, which symbolizes his unwavering commitment to state's rights or something like that; ripped jeans, which symbolize jeans that are ripped, and combat boots, used to stomp a mudhole in a anyone who actually makes a legitimate point. He hopes to one day wear the black-and-white striped shirt of an ESWF referee. He thinks post racial clothing is awesome.

Archived