Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Free Agent Comprehensive List

J-Dog

Well its obvious, we will be looking at offensive and defensive lineman. Probably more youth on defense. The free agent list is huge and according to a former Redskins cap guy (JJ Hasell) we may be in a pretty good position to pick up some talent in both areas. He mentions the following players and how much they would save the team if released. Me personnally, I would only keep London and DeAngelo. I would also keep Phillip Daniels for being a team player - the team needs these kind of guys...

• RB Clinton Portis: -$5,645,500

• LB London Fletcher: -$4,900,000

• QB Donovan McNabb: -$4,750,000

• CB DeAngelo Hall: -$4,400,000

• DT Albert Haynesworth: -$3,400,000

• C Casey Rabach: -$3,000,000

• NT Ma’ake Kemoeatu: -$2,500,000

• OG Derrick Dockery: -$1,565,000

• DE Adam Carriker: -$1,420,000

• OG Artis Hicks: -$1,400,000

• DE Phillip Daniels: -$1,250,000

• DE Vonnie Holliday: -$1,250,000

• TE Fred Davis: -$555,000

• DE Andre Carter: $2,909,998

Anyway, you can find the comprehensive list here: http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/dl.html

Who would you keep and who would you grab?

I would think we need player on defense that already know (and like) the 3-4 defense:logo:

Defense with FA wishlist additions

DE: Carriker - Still has upside and can do what's needed from a 3-4 DE

*NT: Chris Hoke PIT - Has learned from the best and does well when spelling Hampton

DE: Golston - Ideally we upgrade, but far too many holes. Perhaps we get lucky with a late pick

*LOLB: Lamar Woodley PIT - big name, but brings big game

LILB: Fletcher - this guy stays as long as he wants, he's earned it

*RILB: David Harris NYJ - great young inside linebacker that knows the 3-4

ROLB: Orakpo - cornerstone of our D

LCB: Hall - yay, he can catch

*RCB: Tramon Williams GB - 6 picks this year means he can catch too. I'm so tired of not capitalizing on easy picks, so bye Los.

SS: Landry - other cornerstone of our D

*FS: Bethea IND - other big signing, a top flight safety to let Landry focus on bringing the hurt

I know we talk about how we need to address the both lines, but I see the linebacker and safety upgrades putting this defense over the top. Are these signings a little extravagant? Of course, it's a wishlist. I'd LOVE to see a D like this take the field next year.

Archived