Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A thread for trip hop, indie-tronica, RJD2, Portishead type music

The Villi Phanatic

I've been on a kick for this music for a while, especially since I got my Iphone and started listening to Pandora so I figured I'd throw up a thread and see what suggestions people have. Don't know what genres best describe these artists (mostly fusions of multiple genres):

Wax Tailor - just learned of the dude and am an instant fan... has 3 full length albums, all pretty good... a mix of tracks with rappers, singers, and instrumentals... "Hope and Sorrow" is probably my favorite album upon first listen

Our Dance featuring Charlotte Savary

Don't know how many videos I should embed so I'll link to some other joints:

Once Upon a Past

Que Sera

Some other artists worth checking out:

Bonobo - all instrumentals, no vocals... 2 full length albums I think

Bonobo - Noctuary

I'm sure people know about DJ Shadow (his earlier work including of course Entroducing), Portishead, and RJD2...

There have been a few projects along these lines from hip hop producers recently... Stoupe (of Jedi Mind Tricks) teamed up with singer Liz Fullerton for the album Dutch, which Portishead fans might enjoy... and Factor produced an album - Lawson Graham - which is similar to RJD2's style... FYI that it might be the worst selection of rappers I've seen on a compilation but it's still a pretty good listen (credit to Factor for that but dude's like the Nas of production - no taste in rappers)

Factor - Aint nothing Gonna Change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En0oGT0zLXo&feature=related

Dutch - California Cloaked in Wool

Got some other suggestions but I'll see if others are feeling the direction of this thread

Archived