Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN: After Further Review: Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda

Oldskool

darrelgrenie ~ Its just annoying to constantly see you post your opinions without qualifers but whatever cheers for beers.

Here are a few opinions of yours without qualifiers in this very thread. I think what you meant to say is that you don't like hearing opinions opposed to yours posted without qualifiers.

A QB like McNabb is gonna trust his arm and give the WRs a chance to make a big play and both WRs were open.

We needed to run the ball and run our 4 minute offense.

BTW-LJ needs to be called on the carpet by somebody because that was the dumbest RB decision i've ever seen.

I don't see how thinking Andy Reid passes a lot because of Westbrook is more logical then Reid passes a lot because of McNabb or because Reid just likes the pasing game more then the running game.

I agree with you here. It would be more accurate for OF to claim that his explanation, "gives Reid an obvious and [more plausible] reason." That's an opinion of course and I would dispute the plausibility of his premise. Reid has had downhill runners like Correll Buckhalter and he's always favored an offensive imbalance toward the pass. It's just the way he runs his offense--using the pass to set up the run. That's the way a lot of teams with good QBs go now. Look at what the Cowboys and Texans did against us. They have talented backfields but still chose to throw rather than run even though they were doing well establishing themselves on the ground against us.

I guess I'm one of the few people that think Doughty had good coverage on Johnson. That ball was thrown where Johnson and only Johnson could've caught it because of his height and oven mitts for hands. A couple of inches lower and Reed breaks up the play IMO. I can't think of too many DB's that would've prevented that play.

I'm with you. Some players ( ie, Johnson) are great for a reason. That was a TD from the moment the ball left Schaub's hand.

We killed ourselves on those three penalties. The two noted in the article plus the OT call on Horton, when we stopped them short at midfield to leave them on 4th down.

But, aside from being gutted at the result at the time, upon reflection that was a great game.

And, given the crap that has been served up in recent years, it was good to be entertained for a change. There is plenty to be positve about, so I'm prepared to roll with it for now.

I agree with you here. It would be more accurate for OF to claim that his explanation, "gives Reid an obvious and [more plausible] reason."
I agree. That would have made my point more clearly.

What I meant is that my explanation doesn't require that one think of Andy Reid as a simpleton who just prefers to pass the ball no matter what; nor does it require one to speculate on a coach so enamored of his QB's passing ability that he can't see straight. My explanation requires only the admission that all competent coaches adapt to the talent of their players.

That's an opinion of course and I would dispute the plausibility of his premise. Reid has had downhill runners like Correll Buckhalter and he's always favored an offensive imbalance toward the pass.
I don't know how you could possibly come to that opinion based on the limited involvement of a backup RB.

Here are a few opinions of yours without qualifiers in this very thread. I think what you meant to say is that you don't like hearing opinions opposed to yours posted without qualifiers.

Quite the contrary i enjoy hearing opinions that are different from mine.

And i enjoy a good football discussion.

What i don't like is people who approach a discussion as if their opinions are something more then they are.

Clearly in this instance were both posit theories or opinions except that i actually present mine as such where as you present yours as fact.

And unlike you i have no problem adding a qualifier to any statement i make.

If you consider the statements you highlighted as less then universally accepted by all means take it solely as my opinion.

But, i'm failry certain you don't and are just being well...you.

No worries.

Can we discuss some football now?

So on a football related note somewhat related to my non-obvious statements: Rich Tandler Twitter: Redskins cut Larry Johnson

Quite the contrary i enjoy hearing opinions that are different from mine.

And i enjoy a good football discussion.

What i don't like is people who approach a discussion as if their opinions are something more then they are.

Clearly in this instance were both posit theories or opinions except that i actually present mine as such where as you present yours as fact.

And unlike you i have no problem adding a qualifier to any statement i make.

If you consider the statements you highlighted as less then universally accepted by all means take it solely as my opinion.

But, i'm failry certain you don't and are just being well...you.

DG, I try to remember to qualify my opinions, but when I forget, I expect others to cut me some slack because it's a failing that many of us share including you as I so easily pointed out by extracting three examples from just a couple of your posts. It took me about three minutes. So, If you don't mind -- I'm really not interested in your holier-than-thou criticisms.
Can we discuss some football now?
If you think you can keep the personal crap out of it, I'm all for it.

Archived