Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warner expected to announce retirement Friday

jpyaks3

I don't remember anyone saying that about Rodgers. How can you say that about a guy whose only body of work was an extremely solid game against the Cowboys in 07 when Favre was knocked out of the game?

The difference is, Leinart has played in quite a few games and has had some opportunities to show what he's got. And so far, what he's got is a noodle arm and the mental toughness of a wet dish towel.

I remember hearing a number of people rag on Aaron Rodgers, I specifically remember a couple of friends of mine who are Packer fans talking about how terrible the guy was and they were dreading the day Brett retired, granted Rodgers did have big shoes to fill, so most of that could have been just the expected drop off from a legend to an unproven.

In regards to Lienart he started off hot as a rookie and really took a nosedive from there. But I really feel like the book hasn't been completely written on him. I haven't seen him play much other than in preseason games, and although it's against lesser competition he seemed to make good reads, show good touch on his passes and looked much better than he did when he first stepped foot in the league. To me he looked like he could be maturing, I guess now would be his chance to prove as much.

Archived