Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Eagles name Vick their Ed Block Courage Award recipient

Big Blue Joe

Second chances is not even the issue.

The issue is the nature of this award.

A "Courage" award should be given to someone who did NOT bring on their own adversity, and did NOT bring harm to others in the process.

Bicker all you want about the measure of the wrong he did, whether he served his time, or deserved a 2nd chance. But NONE of that is the issue. (Besides, you'll just end up going in circles, as did in the Tailgate).

But the issue is, the Courage award should be for when "bad things happen to good people, and they make something good out of the bad, and which required great effort". Vick doesn't qualify for any of that, in any way, shape, or form.

Oh my god... I agree with Mickalino :thud:

My first response is "Who gives a ****?". Seriously, the Ed Block award? Has anyone ever heard of this before Vick got it? I know I haven't. Stuff like this provides perfect fodder for the Around the Horn/PTI/message board sports society we have now. At the end of the day, I guess it gives people a good feeling to bag on someone else.

In this thread, we have someone wrongly asserting that it might be a public relations stunt even though we know its only the players the vote on this. Also, the common "Philly scumbags" response is present even though no one came to me and asked me if I think Vick should win a courage award.

I am astounded daily at the lack of awareness there is on internet forums and the quickness in which people are willing to make snap determinations without really looking at the facts.

I hate Vick. I have no time for him. He doesn't bring anything to the Eagles, in my opinion. If he scored the game winning TD in the Superbowl, however, I'd pump my fist for the Eagles. As far as he goes, he can rot in hell.

Seriously, the Ed Block award? Has anyone ever heard of this before Vick got it? I know I haven't.

I refuse to believe that you haven't heard of this award.

Besides, it's voted on by the players. Most of these people are completely disconnected from reality because they've been coddled their entire lives. Seriously, have you ever seen someone so self absorbed as Andrews? Guy tweets all the time thinking people actually care. His teammates didn't vote for him, because he's a douche. They could have voted for Justice and his turnaround. Hasn't Patterson been dinged up pretty much all year? No. They voted for Vick.

Just to show how stupid players are, Dawkins got the award in Denver.

Archived