Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why The Redskins Current State Is Our Blessing and a Gift, or, Dan Snyder Loves You.

Redskinizzle

I once was sad to see the team do so poorly.

This is when I realized that the poor play is a sacrifice made by Dan Snyder because he loves all of us so much.

You see that we can't experience joy without sadness, love is appreciated with great emotion after one has experienced heart break.

I believe that Dan Snyder in his infinite wisdom and universal love for us all realized long ago that we have such a tradition of winning and excellence that we were blind to what we had.

This is why he has sacrificed himself for us. Yes, I say unto you, our team and poor play is Dan placing himself upon the cross for our benefit. His unselfish giving is a Blessing for which we should all give thanks.

One appreciates the spring, so much more after the crunch of fallen leaves. A warm shower or bath after the storm has left us bathing in the cold. The birth of a new child, after the passing of a dear friend.

Yes, Dan is sacrificing his love for winning by giving to us the pain of defeat, the misery of hopelessness, the agony and despair. He is doing this for *our* own good, realizing that ultimately his sacrifice will allow all of us to appreciate a winning team all the more. That only in our sorrow will our hearts spring full of joy and happiness at the other things in out lives.

Now that I realize this, is it like Dan is a gift of love that Heaven has bestowed upon all those lucky enough to be Redskins fans.

Thank You Dan. You are more awesome than many will ever realize. A Saint among men.

Archived