Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anybody have access to TSN insider's? (Skin's are on frontpage)

frankbones

I have access. I posted a few days ago......the Burning Question. Well, here are some of the answers other fans wrote from around the country:

Redskins Preseason Countdown feedback

In our Redskins Preseason Countdown, we asked you this question: Will the team's big spending turn into big results? Here are some of your responses:

If the speed players on offense and the offensive line stay healthy and in a groove (chemistry), I think the Redskins will be contenders for the NFC East title. Philly is still the team to beat, and Dallas and New York have improved. I think it will take nine or 10 wins to take the division. Money has absolutely nothing to do with it. You win in the trenches.

Lester

Bowie, Md.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Redskins fans are eternal optimists, but I think the safe bet would be to hold down expectations this year and plan on a big 2004. All of the deals made will be cap-friendly for the first three years, and if LaVar Arrington and Champ Bailey can get deals done by the end of this year, Washington will return to prominence during the 2004 campaign.

Matthew Harrison

Dumfries, Va.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year, I think the spending went well because the money went to established players who can handle the pace of the NFL. The young players the Redskins acquired will set a precedent for other teams and free-agent signings.

Dean

San Diego,Calif.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The spending spree might not pay off this year, but it will very soon. If Patrick Ramsey is given time to jell with receivers Laveranues Coles, Rod Gardner and Taylor Jacobs, he could put up some big-time numbers. The big question is the front four on defense.

Corey

Cumberland, Md.

Given that the offensive line should be greatly improved and with several new receivers, I believe the Redskins should be much better. The question is whether the defense can hold down the opposition's scoring.

John

Tucson, Ariz.

Our biggest question mark is Patrick Ramsey! Surrounding him with Laveranues Coles, Rod Gardner, Darnerian McCants and Taylor Jacobs will help, and then throw in Cliff Russell and Patrick Johnson, who also will help a lot.

Anthony Balavage

Pittston, Pa.

The Redskins are poised for a playoff run, although maybe not this year because they might need time to jell. Dan Snyder should be given credit for bringing in the proper pieces to make a run for a title.

Matt Brunstetter

Easton, Pa.

I'm a season-ticket holder, and I believe Dan Snyder got it right this time. My one real concern is that Justin Skaggs and Robert Gillespie, who have earned shots at making the roster, will be cut early due to sheer numbers.

James Giddings

Normal, Ill.

This team has to build with players of character, rather than trying to buy some wins.

Cruz

Remington, Va.

Unlike last time, Dan Snyder got good, young players at need positions. Plus, with Patrick Ramsey's arm, Laveranues Coles' speed and the new and improved offensive line, the ‘Skins will be a force no matter what anybody says.

Alex Salomonsky

Virginia Beach, Va.

I don't think the spending spree will pay off because the Redskins have neglected the defense to spend on offense. The defensive line hurts the most with no Daryl Gardener to cause havoc. And because no one was brought in to replace him, we have no pass rush. I still think we'll be better than last year, but the Eagles are still too good. The games against the Giants will decide our season again.

Tom Hickman

Birmingham, England

Folks love to say that Dan Snyder is trying to "buy" a championship. Those same people wish that their team was more willing to open up the wallet. This time, we're not talking a post-prime Bruce Smith and yesterday's Prime Time. We're talking about players who are just entering their primes.

Tommie

Capitol Heights, Md.

The Redskins got it right this time. They have filled all of their holes with the right young talent. There will be big results.

Co

Franklin, N.J.

It is up to the players and coaches now. The spending will take the Redskins to the playoffs if the coaches and players find chemistry. Will a leader emerge on the offensive side of the ball?

J.B.

Baltimore, Md.

I think the ‘Skins have the talent to push for a 9-7 or 10-6 season and maybe get a wild card.

Dirk

I'm not sure the Redskins spent any bigger than many other NFL teams this year. Aside from Laveranues Coles perhaps Randy Thomas, the Redskins went after bargains. Why are folks so eager to suggest that Dan Snyder and the Redskins are this offseason's big spenders and are somehow repeating their offseason of 2000?

Michael Kentoff

Washington, D.C.

The Redskins' new additions are impressive, and the front office spent the money (a whole lot of money) wisely. But the onus is not on Laveranues Coles, Chad Morton, Matt Bowen or Randy Thomas; it is on Patrick Ramsey.

If the kid with five games under his belt can perform, the Redskins will win the NFC East. If he can't, the Redskins can talk about the next quarterback they'll take in the draft.

Mark Passwaters

Albany, Ga.

It will take three or four games for everyone to get comfortable with each other, but if the team stays fairly healthy, it could surprise a lot of opponents with big plays and high scoring.

Jon Boyes

Dubuque, Iowa

Blondie

Archived