Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Questions for Libertarians

Ignatius J.

IT seems like there are a number of things that entice me about this party. In many cases the platform appears to be well thought out. Obviously there is nothing logically wrong with the platform.... it may be the most logically consistant platform around. But I had some concerns/questions about it.

Basically, inthis scheme, who funds say:

1.) Health Care - Do you really believe that complete provatization will result in the best system possible? I wonder if failing to provide health care to the bottom rungs of society does any long term damage to the economy.

2.) Education - Completely private? How about Universities? Our public Universities are the best in the world. While it is true that internationally we rank low in elementary through high school, in college we even out with the international norm, and we have the absolute best students and schools for post grduate study. If we get rid of the public system I think we'll lose some of this.

3.) Research - Who funds research in this world? And I'm not talking about R&D, I'm talking about Math, Physics, and History. I know most of my money comes from Natianal Science Foundation and Department Of Energy. Why? Because no private company on the face of the earth is willing to fork over the kind of money it takes to keep people working on the union of quantum mechanics and gravity.

4.) Public Transportation - I like living in LA, but you know what sucks about it? Public Transportation. It's one of the reasons I wish I lived in NY. I'm not convinced that privatizing public transportation would work since it costs so much to build subways. Also, having two subway companies doesn't seem to make too much sense. But where is a private firm going to get the startup capitol to build a subway?

anyway these are just a few concerns, and I'm curious what you guys think about these issues in some more detail.

-DB

Archived