Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm going to the Byron Nelson PGA golf tourney in Dallas Tommorrow.

MarkPSkins

Anybody here ever been to a pag event a might offer some strategies on watching action.

I'm not into following any one player since Tiger is not playing, so any advice on what I should do to get more bang for my buck would be appreciated.

I'm a little late if your leaving early but if you catch this b4 you go, great.

I have been to quite a few events in the Baltimore/D.C. area, PGA and Senior tours. I don't like to follow just one player either but I don't sit in one spot all day. What I do is find three of four guys that I like and when I get there figure out where they are on the course....grab a "Start time" sheet and go to the closest hole you can find and see who is on that hole. Then look at the start sheet and you will be able to figure out where everybody is. Let's say that on the 9th hole is Singh and the guy you are looking for (Daly) started 4 start times after Singh, then you know that Daly is 2 holes behind Singh (7th hole) because there are 2 groups per hole. One on the green and one on the tee. That way you can bounce around and catch quite a few players over a series of holes.

Remember that there are 2 groups of tee times, one real early (7AMish) and one later (12ish) usually.

So after walking around for a ways you can take in some cold beverages of your choice and get some grub! :pint:

Also if you have the time check out the practice range, you can see guys warming up or practicing after their round....that's pretty cool.

Have a great time!

Archived