Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

clinton's legacy

Sarge

AX: "Derilection of Duty" is an outstanding book. a Vet recommended i read it a few years back and i tore through it. the kind of stuff that makes me wary of the military...

Air Sarge: we could blow china to peices right now-- why the fu(k wouldn't they want to be able to build thier own Merv's and etc? it's not like we are keeping them at bay with spit-balls... and you are worried about their global aspirations? how do you think we look to a large portion of the world's inhabitants? this is the kind of thinking that leads to a build up of arms that can destroy the world 100times over... what's the point? why do we always have to be afraid of someone trying to defend themselves (or at least lessen the chance they will be wiped out)? it's not like the chinese leadership are interested in getting annihalated anytime soon (or at all). of course stealing our technology is cheating, but when might makes right-- if you can do it, do it.

Air Sarge: we could blow china to peices right now-- why the fu(k wouldn't they want to be able to build thier own Merv's and etc? it's not like we are keeping them at bay with spit-balls... and you are worried about their global aspirations? how do you think we look to a large portion of the world's inhabitants? this is the kind of thinking that leads to a build up of arms that can destroy the world 100times over... what's the point? why do we always have to be afraid of someone trying to defend themselves (or at least lessen the chance they will be wiped out)? it's not like the chinese leadership are interested in getting annihalated anytime soon (or at all). of course stealing our technology is cheating, but when might makes right-- if you can do it, do it.

Point being, have we tried to blow them to hell? No. With all the nukes we have, we have never made the statement," In the end, you care more about LA than you do Tawain" which a Chicom general made a few years back. Inferring for those of us that don't get it, that they now have the aeronautical and nuke tech to perhaps get a nuke to LA,or at least the Left Coast, thanks again to our pal Bill. And what is ourpolicy with Tawain, aside from wanting to keep a country from falling under Chinese Communist control. What's so bad about that? Tawain WANTS to be free. We are helping them. Baaaaad United States.

As for your globalist fear of what the rest of the world thinks, who cares? For all the sh!t liberals talk about the US being so powerful and bad, I have to say I'm glad we are the most powrful enitity on the planet. Would you really want to live under the influence of some of the a$$holes in the world? Under Communism (If you truly understand what communism is)? What do we use our power for? Getting rid of uncivilized barbarians and a$$holes. And we never did that on an overt level until after 9/11, unless first attacked. And to use your own words, "When might makes right, if you can do it, do it".

"Point being, have we tried to blow them to hell? No. With all the nukes we have, we have never made the statement," In the end, you care more about LA than you do Tawain" which a Chicom general made a few years back. Inferring for those of us that don't get it, that they now have the aeronautical and nuke tech to perhaps get a nuke to LA,or at least the Left Coast, thanks again to our pal Bill."

Well, if you were at such a strategic military disadvantage would you lay down your arms and give up, would you deny having any weapons at all, or would you let the world know you won't be bullied around and are willing to defend your country as deemed necessary? The Chinese are not the French nor the Iraqis. And they are not stupid. That doesn't mean they want to take over the world. Remember they have a lot to fear from our good friend and their close neighbor, SouthKorea. Strategic location that favors us.

"And what is ourpolicy with Tawain, aside from wanting to keep a country from falling under Chinese Communist control. What's so bad about that? Tawain WANTS to be free. We are helping them. Baaaaad United States."

Ok. We aren't in disagreement here. Nor have I suggested otherwise. I see Taiwan as being the biggest obstacle in our countries relationship. That's it. Unless you are worried about Taiwan being taken over by the Chinese-- I think they are posturing. But then you have to worry about them taking over the Phillipenes, Indonesia, and next thing you know Australia! Watch the dominos fall.

And I always thought Taiwan was part of China. At least for some thousand years. Oh yeah, that reminds me. China has another thing to worry about: our relationship with Taiwan. They have a lot to fear from our relationship with our good friend and neighbor, Taiwan. Another strategic location that favors us.

"Would you really want to live under the influence of some of the a$$holes in the world?"

I am perfectly content living under the rule of our own self-interested capitalist a$$holes than self-interested communist a$$holes-- mainly because I can say just that. It's freedom baby!

"What do we use our power for? Getting rid of uncivilized barbarians and a$$holes."

Well, history shows that we have put our fair share into power as well.

They have everything to fear from us. They aren't in Cuba like we are in South Korea.... do we also have military bases in Taiwan (I honestly don't know, but it would strengthen my point). We can look in through their key-hole see what is going on and they are just supposed to let it be-- we aren't going to do them any wrong. Just trust us? If our leaders were to take such a stance I would be scared ****less. And I am sure a majority of the population would be in disagreement. Can you honestly say that if you were in their situation you would expect them to do anything differently than they have?

I think we have more to gain through a mutual relationship based on trade (instead of a nuke war), something Clinton seemed to focus on. Yes, they have built up their military. Yes, they may be able to reach LA. And yes, if they were to try to there would be 1billion dead Chinese. And yes, we can destroy every bit of their country at a moments notice. Yet they have nothing to fear and no reason to build up their military or develop weapons that many powerful countries have (including their other close neighbors, India and Pakistan).

And so they choose to not be bullied, but decide their own fate. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. And not necessarily something to fear.

Well, if you were at such a strategic military disadvantage would you lay down your arms and give up, would you deny having any weapons at all, or would you let the world know you won't be bullied around and are willing to defend your country as deemed necessary? The Chinese are not the French nor the Iraqis. And they are not stupid. That doesn't mean they want to take over the world. Remember they have a lot to fear from our good friend and their close neighbor, SouthKorea. Strategic location that favors us.

I don't even know where to start with this. First, I did not say they want to take over the world. I said they have world aspirations. I don't believe anyone has the capability right now to occupy the whole world, but they are positioning themselves to control stratigic points that will hamper us.

Do this. Type in Google "China -Panama Canal- Whampoa" Keep in mind Whampoa is the front name for the People's Army of China, much like Air America was in Vietnam. Let me know what you find. Ask yourself if they still have no aspirations in the world. While you're at it, type in "China-Whampoa-Carribean". Again, let me know what you find. But don't think they are not positioning themselves or anything. Just keep your head buried in the sand. Just because something isn't being reported by CNN, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

That's it. Unless you are worried about Taiwan being taken over by the Chinese-- I think they are posturing. But then you have to worry about them taking over the Phillipenes, Indonesia, and next thing you know Australia! Watch the dominos fall.

Do some research,please. The only thing that is holding them back at this time is a lack of amphibious ability to cross the strait. They are not building missle sights across the strait from Taiwan for nothing. When they get to a point where they can accomplish this and they feel confident they can hold us off nuke wise, they WILL move. Follow the link or do your own research on the history. Read about the Spratly Islands as well and their stratigic importance to both us and Japan.

http://www.newsmax.com/hottopics/China!Taiwan.shtml

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/choke.html

http://www.ndu.edu/inss/strforum/forum60.html

do we also have military bases in Taiwan

No, but we do have port rights

Go dig here a little as well:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=chinese+military+buildup+1990+forward

Yet they have nothing to fear and no reason to build up their military or develop weapons that many powerful countries have (including their other close neighbors, India and Pakistan).

Glad you brought up another clinton foreign policy failure. Know why India and Pakistan suddenly went nuclear? Because of the jump in rocket and nuke tech that clinton gave them/let China steal. China came ahead 40 years in the eight years clinton was in office. India and China do not get along, so India boosted their nuke tech. That scared Pakistan, a natural enemy of India, so they boosted their stuff as well.

I also would like to get along with China. I like their rubber dog sh!t, plus their kiddie slave labor that makes my capitalist stuff sheap at Wal MArt.

Anyway, enough of my time here, do your own research. If you continue to chose not to believe what is out there, just be glad there are people like myself and others who are watching them, and allowing you and others like you to live in ignorant bliss.

GOP spin tactic number 1!

If your guy (W) is looking bad because we don't have Sadam, OBL, or WOMD, than blame stuff on Clinton in an attempt to get the spotlight off your guy.

Sorry Sarge I ain't falling for it! Nice try though! :)

GOP spin tactic number 1! If your guy (W) is looking bad because we don't have Sadam, OBL, or WOMD, than blame stuff on Clinton in an attempt to get the spotlight off your guy. Sorry Sarge I ain't falling for it! Nice try though

Sorry Jack, it wasn't really spin. China is a growing threat. As I said before, just because it's not on CNN doesn't mean the problem has gone away. Do a little reading. The sad part is, the buildup is ongoing no matter how they are treated. During clinton's years,they were treated with kid gloves and allowed to get away with a lot, incliding our nuke secrets and our supposedly "secure" rocket tech. Take a look at some of the sites I posted above and see about their buildup numbers during those years, especially their long range naval capabilities.

At least with the current administration in office, you know someone's keeping tabs on them instead of accepting illeagal contributions to their political party.

Archived